Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is the Extended Remote Start that just recently ( February ) came out for Volkswagen Taos.. Its a new key that’s programmed to work like your regular key but it’s got a new button 2x. The whole thing will run you about $500.00+ after installation labor unless Volkswagen is nice enough to install it for free. View attachment 688
Thank you for all this info, but this new key don't replace the original one, right? You still need to keep the regular key fob to unlock the doors and to drive, right? I thought there was a way to use this key here as the only key:

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Tire

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thank you for all this info, but this new key don't replace the original one, right? You still need to keep the regular key fob to unlock the doors and to drive, right? I thought there was a way to use this key here as the only key:

View attachment 689
If you’re installing the extended range it’s an added fob. The fob pictured is a the one that comes factory and is not an extended range. I’m not worried with upgrading as I have the car net free for the next 5 years. I did however install it on my 2019 Jetta when I had it and it was great to have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts

View attachment 689
Yes it comes with a new key like the 1 pictured above plus you get to keep your original key.. they will both be programmed to work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you’re installing the extended range it’s an added fob. The fob pictured is a the one that comes factory and is not an extended range. I’m not worried with upgrading as I have the car net free for the next 5 years. I did however install it on my 2019 Jetta when I had it and it was great to have

By installing the factory remote start we can start it through CarNet? So I don't need to keep this extra fob with me never?

Vini

·
Registered
35 Posts
By installing the factory remote start we can start it through CarNet? So I don't need to keep this extra fob with me never?

Vini
Depends if your vehicle has car net capabilities already. If not it may not be an option. When I did install it on my 2019 Jetta I did not see it as an option on the Jetta, but then again I don’t think the Jetta had that capability as it was through car net so I can’t say that it can work

·
Registered
13 Posts
Depends if your vehicle has car net capabilities already. If not it may not be an option. When I did install it on my 2019 Jetta I did not see it as an option on the Jetta, but then again I don’t think the Jetta had that capability as it was through car net so I can’t say that it can work

Thank you for answering. My car has the CarNet with 4 buttons, it just don't have the remote start one... I thought installing the relay the remote start option would pop-up 😬

Vini

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thank you for answering. My car has the CarNet with 4 buttons, it just don't have the remote start one... I thought installing the relay the remote start option would pop-up 😬

Vini
If you got the kit or relay installed you need to talk to carnet bro get your account updated. I had to do it so it would show up in the app.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you got the kit or relay installed you need to talk to carnet bro get your account updated. I had to do it so it would show up in the app.
Just a sec, so I could only pay for the relay, install it myself and talk to CarNet guy to update my account, and that's all? I will have remote start directly from the app?? really??? :love:

Thank you,
Vini

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a sec, so I could only pay for the relay, install it myself and talk to CarNet guy to update my account, and that's all? I will have remote start directly from the app?? really??? :love:

Thank you,
Vini
I think vw has to enable a setting. I installed remote start myself but dealer still had to activate the relays

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think vw has to enable a setting. I installed remote start myself but dealer still had to activate the relays

I'm trying to do it by myself to save money. I really just want to use remote start from CarNet, that's why I thought would be a great idea if I just had to buy the relay and call someone to update on CarNet...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, just read the thread, im from mexico, here the top tier taos its called Highline, any way it does not come with remote start nor keyless entry, anyone know if its possible to just add the keyless handle to it? was wondering the door cable harness maybe has the plug for it 🤨

21 - 33 of 33 Posts