Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing some luck guys, I dropped off my Taos this morning at the dealer for a remote start install (part of the deal at time of purchase). Well just my luck they wanted to keep it for another day. I’m now in a courtesy vehicle, hoping they can figure it all out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s done got the extended range remote and all. Unfortunately the tech left black fingerprints all over my pillar, how do you not wash or wear gloves when touching a light colored headliner color?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you.. I got mine installed free of charge and use my original key Lock > Unlock > Lock only flaw about it your hazard lights blick every second and the car won’t start to heat winter time or ac summer time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What trim do you have? I have the S and got them to install it as part of the deal before purchase.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The S as well but I did not want a extra key so it was programmed into my original key
Did you get the VW remote start or an aftermarket one? I was told I had to had the extended key fob for it. Also does you carnet app show the option to remote start?

·
Registered
5 Posts
No as I said earlier I didn’t get a extra key.. my original key was programmed to work but it’s Volkswagen parts just not a extra key and it does not show on carnet app

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lucky ducks! I just purchased a 2022 Taos Comfortline in Canada last week (I believe its the SE lines in the states) and I was told the SUV is "remote start prepared" but it's not available yet in Canada. Bummer. I've been told to keep checking back every 6 months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts