Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah it's one of those things you get used to after owning a few VWs. I think it was the same even back to my 2003 diesel Golf (now that thing was slow!).
I think I mentioned before walking back to my last Tiguan in a parking lot and some girl was yanking on my wipers trying to stick a flyer under there. I ran over and even set off the panic alarm for good measure! I should probably be slightly ashamed of some of the words I used, but don't mess with my car!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks for the Service Mode tip from all you seasoned VW owners. I still had a bit of trouble clearing snow tonight. Any other tips? Perhaps move to a warmer climate? 😎 View attachment 474
Haha! Maybe park in the garage if you have one? :)

I moved from SE Texas to the Boise ID area, and as much as I hate the cold winters (thankfully without a ton of snow usually), I do not miss 95% humidity, hurricanes, rainfall rates of 4" per hour, tornadoes, and golf ball sized hail. Although we did have a small earthquake a couple of years ago! So count your blessings!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I’ll stop complaining about the snow! Actually, it makes for fun driving when you have the road to yourself. Love the AWD!
The GTI with winter tires is surprisingly good (and fun) in the snow too. It only falls down when the ground clearance is lower than the snow depth...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts