Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
How did that work for you? I just plugged in an SD card reader to one of the USB-C ports but couldn't figure out how to make it show up in the "infotainment" system. All I really want to do is add some radio station logos to the presets, but it's not very clear how to do that, either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There we go, SD card slot. I agree, I have TONS of ripped CD's that I'd like to be able to play. Had the CD and SD card in the glovebox of my 19 Jetta.... How are we supposed to get Radio Station logos?

Also, I've also not had an issue with the start/stop (of course, I disable the feature every time I start it)
Agreed. I just tried plugging an SD card reader into the USB-C slots, but couldn't figure out how to make it show up on the system. I have plenty of music on my phone; I just want to set up the radio station logos, but there's no clear way to do that, either.

·
Registered
501 Posts
How did that work for you? I just plugged in an SD card reader to one of the USB-C ports but couldn't figure out how to make it show up in the "infotainment" system. All I really want to do is add some radio station logos to the presets, but it's not very clear how to do that, either.
It works fine for an SD card full of music. Shows up under Media. Not sure about anything else though, like what you are wanting to do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You lose that if you get the panoramic sunroof.
On the plus side, you get a panoramic sunroof. :)
Would rather have panoramic roof and I have it and love it.

Would of loved a
1. locking glove box or hidden box to lock my car registration in (has your address on it)
2. side mirror turn lights/indicators
3. auto folding side mirrors (or press a button for them to fold: was very surprised it didn't have this)
4. when going in reverse passenger mirror will auto flip down so you can see the passenger back tire and where it's going
5. less road noise
6. (may be this is me coming from a car with a tighter suspension) Strut tower (option to add)
7. easier way for us athlete to open/unlock car using something that is waterproof (item) e.g. metal key (is really tough to put on a string and popping the driver side handle cover off is a pain and it's not durable enough to do this more than a couple of times before it breaks; this is a daily thing for me so still trying to figure this out)
8. rubber mats - drivers mat should be longer (go past the top of the pedals) and I'm seeing a lot of ware on them at 2k.

Things I love (not in order)
1. Lots of room/space design (simple and easy)
2. heated steering wheel
3. heated and air cooled front seats (don't care if the back seat has them or not)
4. IQ drive and (adjustable) cruise control and adaptive headlights (really love this at night on curvy roads)
5. Panoramic sunroof + easy to open and close panoramic roof
6. auto wipers (rain sensing wipers)
7. change the interior light color
8. MPG - OMG! YES!!!!
9. I can see all around my TOAS, when driving (big plus for me)
10. cornflower blue (easy to find my car)
11. digital cockpit (customized cockpit)
12. wireless charger
13. VW nav system is nice (coming from an iDrive - still think BMW has the best) (vw is better than Toyota, etc..)
14. remote start with heated seats and heater turned on (finish my open water swims in 40-50 degree water + 30-50 degree air temp.. car is nice and toasty) (flip side I soooo need the a way to unlock my car (waterproof) w/o the remote key or phone)
15. auto set a odometer based on last fill up + has the option to have separate trip odometer (and you can easily flip between then)
16. touch door button to unlock car
17. touchless screen options (wave hand over screen to move to next screen)
28. change the colors of the interior lights (i'm such a child, this is super fun to set different colors)
etc..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kinda indifferent on that. Don't need to check and see if my shoes are tied while driving in the dark. But nice to have when getting in/out

100% agree. It's odd that the only bulb that's not LED is back there, where having the extra lumens would be nice. I'll have to investigate to see if there's an LED replacement

It'd be nice to have, but we'd be looking at Tiguan pricing. One thing that my Jetta had, that this doesn't is Driver Profile based on Keyfob. If it does have the options, I've not found it.

Dual Zone unlock is an option in the Infotainment menu, sort of. Unlock drivers door OR unlock all doors.. I'll have to see if I can find something in VCDS

I just make sure the lines are not near the curb in the few times I've had to PP. Will also have to look for Mirror Dip in VCDS as well

Just my 2 pennies
I am interested in knowing about whether we have the option for the side mirror tilt/dip when in reverse for parallel parking. I am not seeing that option anywhere in the menu, perhaps it can be done with an OBDEleven or similar device you are saying? Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Taos SEL AWD
59 Posts
I am interested in knowing about whether we have the option for the side mirror tilt/dip when in reverse for parallel parking. I am not seeing that option anywhere in the menu, perhaps it can be done with an OBDEleven or similar device you are saying? Thanks!
I don’t think the motor exists with these mirrors to fold on their own, even on the SEL. Also no side mirror turning lights or or auto-dimming at night, both features I think should come standard for safety on all cars. They really skimped out on these, but hard to be a hater with the great MPG 😂

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep this is something I miss too. Would of loved it but that's the difference between the cost of my Toas and luxury or sports car (more expensive car).

·
Registered
2022 SEL 4motion - Platinum Grey
27 Posts
My list is only nitpicking items

Sunglass holder
Bigger center console
Power lift gate
Rear heated seats
Side mirror turn signal indicators
Sky view camera
More customizable virtual cockpit pro

·
Registered
2022 SEL 4Motion Cornflower Blue
94 Posts
My list is only nitpicking items

Side mirror turn signal indicators
I've been casually digging into this. So far, all that I've been able to come up with has been Chinese Tharu parts. In the US market, all the other vehicles have a completely different shaped mirror from the Taos.

Now for the interesting parts. The 2022 Tiguan (at least from pictures) looks to have the same shaped mirror. Also, when looking online at the VW parts website, I found this as the Taos mirror assembly, no part numbers listed though. Interesting part #4, especially when you compare it to the 2022 Tiggy parts list🤔
Jaw Organism Gesture Font Drawing

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
'22 Taos SEL AWD Pure Grey
15 Posts
I've been casually digging into this. So far, all that I've been able to come up with has been Chinese Tharu parts. In the US market, all the other vehicles have a completely different shaped mirror from the Taos.
I'm looking into retrofitting mirror turn signals as well and found that they're standard on all trim levels of the South American Taos. Might be easier to import than from China. I was looking at Argentina specifically but it's probably the same for other latin countries. I've been trying to look up part numbers as I have time...

21 - 40 of 40 Posts