Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
I don’t disagree, but I’m past the age of throwing hard into a corner and drifting. Well, most of the time anyway!
Haha, me too!
Funny thing is I put the same Michelin tires (215/55R16 vs 215/65R16) on the GTI which has 18" stock. I was out on my back road commute last week enjoying the drive and completely forgot I had the winter tires on. They did great in the corners at "enthusiastic" speed before I remembered I should be taking it a bit easier... :)

Hello,
I am planning on buying a 2022 TAOS, changing from a 2018 Tiguan.

I was wondering if the TAOS can use the 2018 Tiguan 17" winter tires/wheels I already own.
The winter tire size for my Tiguan wheels are 215/65 R17.
I realize that that TAOS 17" equivalent is 215/55/ R17, and if my calculations are right, the Tiguan tires are +7%.

Is that too much?

Thanks in advance

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Most tire sites do not recommend going more than 3% difference. Some state over 3% is dangerous. I‘m certainly not a tire expert, however I‘ve always played it safe and got as close to the same tire diameter as possible- less than 3%. Suggest you check with dealer or local tire supplier for professional opinion.

Hi everyone,

I just purchase a TAOS 2022 AWD Highline and I was wondering if my winter tires (already have them) will fit on my new car.
Winter size are : 225/55/R18

I've been looking everywhere and it seems that max tire size for R18 is 225/50/R18. But I still want to confirm with you.

Thank you,

21 - 34 of 34 Posts