Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
While they look nice and appear to be well made, i'll wait for a manufacturer in the US to stock them, as i'm not about to pay that amount of money for a set that from experience, i know could be purchased eventually for much less.

·
Registered
94 Posts
While they look nice and appear to be well made, i'll wait for a manufacturer in the US to stock them, as i'm not about to pay that amount of money for a set that from experience, i know could be purchased eventually for much less.
I just bought a set for $35, made for a 08-14 VW MK6 Golf. I did some measurements and they seem to be very similar to the Taos, in size and shape. They should be in on Thursday so I'll update then.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just bought a set for $35, made for a 08-14 VW MK6 Golf. I did some measurements and they seem to be very similar to the Taos, in size and shape. They should be in on Thursday so I'll update then.
Can't wait for your response. That would be awesome if they in fact worked. I'm still trying to find some chrome door handle covers (yep, i'm an old school chrome guy) that will fit the Taos. VW claims that no models of their vehicles, VW or Audi, are interchangeable. I find that strange from a manufacturing stand-point.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can't wait for your response. That would be awesome if they in fact worked. I'm still trying to find some chrome door handles, (yep, i'm an old schoolchrome guy) that will fit the Taos. VW claims that no models of their vehicles, VW or Audi, are interchangeable. I find that strange from a manufacturing stand-point.
I don't anticipate them fitting 100% perfectly. But if it's close enough, I'll be happy!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Has anyone heard from Sandman? He hasn't been on here in about a month. Hoping all is OK. Curious to know if he had success with the ventshades he ordered.
Hey @dman71 thanks for checking in! I've been going through a lot in my personal life so I've been off social media more often than usual. Everything is good though! I apologize for the delay in my response. The Ventshades from the Audi DID NOT fit. At this point, I'm just going to wait until a Taos set is released from AVS or Weathertech.

·
Registered
94 Posts
looks great, what was the install like? I had one on my Tiguan and it was pretty easy to install and it seemed to help the airflow and minimize bug splatters on the windshield.
Pretty simple install. Took me about 10 minutes. Just be careful with the install screws to not drop them in the engine bay.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey @dman71 thanks for checking in! I've been going through a lot in my personal life so I've been off social media more often than usual. Everything is good though! I apologize for the delay in my response. The Ventshades from the Audi DID NOT fit. At this point, I'm just going to wait until a Taos set is released from AVS or Weathertech.
Sandman, glad all is OK with you. No problem on the delayed response, as health and well-being are more important. Sorry and disappointed that the shades didn't work out for you. Maybe in the not-so-distant future, a manufacturer will get them to a much wanted market.

·
Registered
98 Posts
7300 + miles and TG the Russian ones I bought on eBay early on (before the war started) are still hanging in there. I only used the fronts but couldnt live without them, I ALWAYS drive with windows open or partially opened rain or shine
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
135 Posts
Glad they're holding up for you. They look good on your Taos. I'll gladly wait for another seller to introduce them into the wild, as i have no desire to purchase a Russian product and support their position in Ukraine. Not knocking you for where you purchased them though. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Make no mistake I AM WITH YOU...

To my stupidity what did I know? I got my Taos and IMMEDIATELY realized I needed Rain Guards so I went on eBay and ordered pretty much the first ones I saw without even realizing where they came from. I saw Bla Bla Bla Auto Parts and ordered them. It turned out to be @ 15 days or so before the war started but stranger than that, a week or so later I bought a little VW storage bag on eBay to keep crap in the back and that turned out to come from Ukraine. I really have to start paying attention to where things are coming from....

Strangely enough they both showed up in no time at all and by then all of a sudden the war started and I looked at the box as I was throwing it away and I was like :oops:
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Circle

Rectangle Font Circle Number Paper product

Font Material property Parallel Transparency Paper

41 - 54 of 54 Posts