Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently deciding if I should move forward with a purchase this spring or wait till later in the year.

Does VW typically make mid-generation changes?

Would there realistically be any different between a vehicle produced in early-2022 vs mid-2022?

·
Registered
2022 Taos Highline Pure Grey
133 Posts
Currently deciding if I should move forward with a purchase this spring or wait till later in the year.

Would there realistically be any different between a vehicle produced in early-2022 vs mid-2022?
I’d be surprised at anything other than very minor changes and new colours to differentiate the 2023. It would be highly unusual for a mid-generation change after only the initial year. Add in current supply chain issues etc and a major change would not make financial sense on a corporate level.

·
Registered
22 VW Taos SE FWD, Cornflower Blue
123 Posts
I'm not gonna hold my breath but I'd love to see them offer an upgraded engine option... the 235HP variant of the EA888 in the Taos would be a blast.

·
Registered
260 Posts

2023 Will arrive in October most likely.

There should be no changes from Jan 22 through then. If there are going to be any 2022.5 mid-cycle changes they would already be in production. They would include fixes for problems, discontinuing certain color/trim combos, adding/removing certain port installed options, etc.

·
Registered
260 Posts
That date is fluid though, as the 2022 Jetta just went on sale TODAY.
2022 GTI and R on Jan 4.
2022 Tiguan was November.

Probably sorting out the 1.5l issues from the Taos before swapping it into the Jetta led to the delay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts