Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if VW is going to introduce a OEM Replacement for its original Bicycle Horn? For a Vehicle its size, its simply ridiculous and unsafe. Sounds like they probably used a Single Horn instead of a Dual Low and High Pitch Horn.

·
Registered
2016 Audi S5
54 Posts
Since its a VW product, I do not see why you cannot use a horn combo from an Audi or VW vehicle. If the original horn is a single unit, you might need to change the relay and fuse rating to allow for dual units.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point. I find it hard to believe that such a weak pathetic bicycle Horn on the Taos is anything but a single unit.

·
Registered
2016 Audi S5
54 Posts
Good point. I find it hard to believe that such a weak pathetic bicycle Horn on the Taos is anything but a single unit.
These car manufacturers should really come up with a signature horn that fits their brand. Even the horn in my Audi S5 sounds pathetic.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Taos horn is really saying "I'm so sorry" rather than saying "get out of my way you idiot". I need the latter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm really surprised that the NHTSA hasn't set some minimum standards for Vehicle Horns. A certain minimum level of Decibels should be required as a safety function other then lowering your window and screaming!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts