Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the 6.5 inch screen with the 8 inch screen in their Taos yet? Or from the 8 inch without Nav to the 8 inch with Nav? Or added aftermarket infotainment?

The infotainment screens are apparently the same in many models such as the post-2018 Tiguans or Jettas so is it just remove and unplug then plug in the new ones? Does the Nav one need something specific to use?

This may be a bit premature until warranties start to expire but worth an ask.

·
Registered
503 Posts
It really sounds like a potential can of worms to me. Buy one with stuff you're happy with.
I agree with Slime(!), at the very minimum there would be some intense VCDS action to get it to work. Not Carista.
That's the kind of thing dealers will avoid like the plague too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Buy one with stuff you're happy with.
That's always preferable but unfortunately it's not always an option for everyone, even if money isn't a concern, as there may only be a limited availability of trims in an area or an urgent need doesn't give time to search for a particular trim. Some people may have to take what they can get then later consider upgrading bits and pieces.

·
Registered
503 Posts
That's always preferable but unfortunately it's not always an option for everyone, even if money isn't a concern, as there may only be a limited availability of trims in an area or an urgent need doesn't give time to search for a particular trim. Some people may have to take what they can get then later consider upgrading bits and pieces.
Yep, that's fair. Definitely for things like wheels that are easy to upgrade. I just look at a built-in screen and would never think of trying to change it out. Everything is horribly tied together these days via CAN busses etc. and computerized, so what may seem like a simple upgrade is likely to be a nightmare.
If it's any consolation the screen in the GTI is tiny. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't see it happening with an alarming amount of vehicle settings accessed from the radio now.

There are lots of cars with aftermarket radios that can access all of the functions from the factory radio. Several companies make radios for a wide range of vehicles. I had an upgraded 10" in a Kia Optima that did everything the factory did and more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Counterfeit Documentation Team Buy UK Driving License Online - Counterfeit Document Team is legit , they will change your life in seconds . contact them now if you are privileged to see this message . Drivers License Team was created for the purpose of helping anyone with Identification documents such as passports, ID cards, Driving licenses and all other certificates including .Also fake dollar bills , pounds with euro bills that look %100 real . Bank transfers are now available to any country . purchase counterfeit bills that looks 100% real . w.h.a.t.s.a.p.p # +44 7362 041634‬ to buy drivers license , buy drivers license online , buy driving licence , buy genuine driving licence uk , buy real driver license , how to get a driver license without taking road test .
exdocumentationteams(at)gmail(dot)com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts