Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2022 Taos S 1.5l AWD
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Both my parents tested positive for Covid so the trip to Vegas was scrubbed. I did however drive out to Kearney NE and back just to give the Taos a good test. It performed beautifully and was getting 34-35 mph on the highway (AWD). I only had to reboot the CarPlay once. The Taos has plenty of hill climbing and truck passing power even at highway speeds.

When you first pull into Omaha on I-80 west the first thing you see up on a bluff as you cross over the Missouri River are two of the worlds largest locomotives ever built. The Union Pacific railroad display a Big Boy Steam locomotive and a Centennial diesel engine there:
Sky Plant Flag Tree Wheel

The Big Boy is a massive steam engine with 2 sets of cylinders and drivers. The driving wheels are as tall as a man. It was built to carry men and supplies from east to west during WWII
Train Sky Plant Rolling stock Track

The Centennial was built in 1969 to celebrate the UPs 100th birthday. It has two massive diesel engines that develop 6600 hp.

Ashland NE is home to the Strategic Air Command Museum. There they display the largest operational aircraft ever built - the Convair B36 Peacemaker. With a range of 10,000 mi (16,000 km) and a maximum payload of 87,200 lb (39,600 kg), the B-36 was capable of intercontinental flight without refuelling. It was used in the 1950s during the Cold War but never fired a shot or dropped a bomb in combat (Thank God!)
Aircraft Vehicle Airplane Aerospace manufacturer Aviation

Tire Vehicle Aircraft Airplane Aviation

Building Aircraft Vehicle Airplane Aviation

This plane is so massive it is impossible to get the entire plane into one picture from inside the hangar! It has six 28-cylinder Pratt & Whitney R-4360 'Wasp Major' radial engines mounted in an unusual pusher configuration and four jet engines two on each end of the wing.

· Registered
7 Posts
My wife and I recently made a 4,000 mile round trip to Veracruz, Mexico from our home near Orlando, FL to see her family. Our Winston (we named our Taos also lol) did great and we had a very comfortable ride with our pug Cookie and Chihuahua/min pin Chico.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.