Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if you can set the transmission to be persistent when you restart the car? this is so dumb that other settings for the drive profile would be through a restart except for transmission. you can see this by the D/E/S in the center of RPM gauge

maybe carista?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hmm. I suspected a bug in it a while ago. Changed to E, drove around, then shut off the car. Started up again and, like you said, the display was back to D. But cycling to the next mode behaved like it was already in E, i.e went to S instead of E (I think).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I asked the dealer and got man-splained that it was how it was supposed to be and it seems confusing... yeah, it is confusing to have a profile that not all the systems retain the setting. I get that the engine, throttle, trans, radio, steering... etc are all part of the different profiles. those all maintain through the restart. the transmission doesn't for whatever reason and it looks like VW changed that about 2017.

when I go back into the mode setting, it does show the car overall is in the expected mode already..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know my Golf TSI mk7.5 has persistent mode settings. It also has a button that you set Eco, Drive and Sports mode. Brilliant, so why not in the Taos Mr VW engineers ? I suspect it is, but just not accessible in the dumbed-down menu for US ! Also, the Golf shows the gear you are in, like D7 or E7 or S7 (it's 7 speed). I bought a Taos in the US because it has 8 gears ( they say ? ) but I can't prove it with any display - the VW engineers need to fix this, it is a sloppy oversight by VW and consumers should not be so quick to sell the praises of VW who appear to be "dumbing" us down, or going to a place of mediocrity. Plea : Just update the Taos software please, we are not all dumb in the US.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is actually the problem. you'll also note that the transmission says "D". that means part of the eco profile is active but not the transmission settings. you have to select eco again and you'll get a "E" in the display (RPM Gauge)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts