Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I really believe it will work on your setup as well . The hitch sits so close to the bottom of the bumper and hugs the back really close.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Although, one of the install videos on eTrailer.com for a 2016 Golf has the muffler in a similar location. I have the hitch on order, so I suppose I will just wait and see how it lines up.
This whole thing for me was a gamble as well but for a 150 dollar hitch I was willing to take the chance in hopes it worked and if not just return it .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does the plastic covering have anything attached to it? Or is it just a cover. I just ordered the hitch hopefully have it here by the weekend!
Nope , just a cover . I’m guessing it’s only to help with the aerodynamics underneath and help prevent some drag.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any idea how much weight it is rated for with the adapter?
With the adapter it “technically” states no actual towing of (trailers) . However the hitch is rated for 2000 lbs with a down force of 200 lbs on the tongue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
With the adapter it “technically” states no actual towing of (trailers) . However the hitch is rated for 2000 lbs with a down force of 200 lbs on the tongue.
I don’t have any plans to tow. Just curious if 2 bikes and the rack will not wreck anything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don’t have any plans to tow. Just curious if 2 bikes and the rack will not wreck anything.
That would not be an issue at all !! Only talking 120 lbs tops . All components of the hitch/ adapters are all steel construction . No need to worry there . I’ve got over 10k invested in my bike and I 100% trust the install and have no concerns in that aspect .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you have a YouTube link?
[/
You're good guy! Thank you!
That would not be an issue at all !! Only talking 120 lbs tops . All components of the hitch/ adapters are all steel construction . No need to worry there . I’ve got over 10k invested in my bike and I 100% trust the install and have no concerns in that aspect .
You've been so helpful, one more more question: Did you have to drop the exhaust?
QUS

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have one ordered but etrailer.com shipping has been all backed up. Hopefully I will have it sometime next week and will share how it goes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You're good guy! Thank you!
Thanks ! I never post on forums but I felt the need as everyone I talked to from the dealer, hitch manufacturer s ,and VW all said it wasn’t possible to mount a hitch yet since no component existed. Anyone with a bike needs a hitch! Hope the post helps you out .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks ! I never post on forums but I felt the need as everyone I talked to from the dealer, hitch manufacturer s ,and VW all said it wasn’t possible to mount a hitch yet since no component existed. Anyone with a bike needs a hitch! Hope the post helps you out .
Agreed, I love the setup I have on my Atlas but would like to be a able to use on the Taos. Assuming the hitch works, I will need a 1 1/4" to 2" adapter to use my current rack. Wheel Tire Automotive tire Crankset Vehicle

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have one ordered but etrailer.com shipping has been all backed up. Hopefully I will have it sometime next week and will share how it goes.
I’d say they are all backed up! I ordered mine last Monday and it just shipped on Saturday! Estimated delivery is Wednesday, hoping for sooner.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts