Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...for now:)

SEL. Still setting it up and a few things.

1. What is the button at the end of the turn signal stalk do?

2. I had Sirius radio so that I could scroll through ALL channels, elect one and add to favorites. I can no longer get that horizontal scroll of all channels. How do I get it back?

3. Voice recognition on my older Audi worked like a charm. Here, not so much. I try to say "Navigate to Staples Office Supply" and get a street several states over. What am I doing wrong here?

thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
...for now:)

SEL. Still setting it up and a few things.

1. What is the button at the end of the turn signal stalk do?

2. I had Sirius radio so that I could scroll through ALL channels, elect one and add to favorites. I can no longer get that horizontal scroll of all channels. How do I get it back?

3. Voice recognition on my older Audi worked like a charm. Here, not so much. I try to say "Navigate to Staples Office Supply" and get a street several states over. What am I doing wrong here?

thanks!
I think the button brings up a quick menu for driving assist features. It's a shortcut to using the info system

·
Registered
145 Posts
there is a button on left steering wheel on SEL to on/off driver assist functions. not sure about the stalk button, I'll have to look at that too.

for the S-XM radio. you can set default preferences in the setup when on that screen. ours defaults to presets but you can use the station list also. the choice to change it once (not make it default) is on bottom of the screen.. you have 3 icons on the bottom right/center. presets, stations, tune. tune is just a number pad to direct tune

voice.... not sure about your audi features/age. my understanding is VW group used to only have built-in navigation and voice control and now they have that plus the version provided by your android/ios phone when connected. they are accessed in different ways and as a result of being offered by different companies and version dependent, will function differently. the built-in nav requires a data subscription to function correctly is something I recall reading someplace. there might even be different voice commands that need to be given based on which combination you use.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Comments:
1. Let me know what you find on Stalk.
2. I HAD every station in horizontal scroll. Now only have presets. Want ALL back. Station list seems to go to categories, not all stations. Make sense? Was great. Lost it.
3. Voice in Audi was to the car. That's what I am trying to do with this nav. Have no desire for Car-Net. CarPlay works, but I want to talk to the nav in the car.

~Bob

·
Registered
FWD SEL / Cornflower Blue
71 Posts
The button on the stalk is to configure the driver assistance features. The steering wheel button turns Travel Assist (semi-autonomous) on and off.

I tried the "hello Volkswagen" thing when I first got my car but honestly it's pretty bad just like most cars. While it's cool you can put the navigation map into the instrument cluster, I find the map to be ugly and the route guidance to be whatever. I stick to CarPlay and while it doesn't show the whole map in the cockpit, it does show the next turn information.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correct on the stalk. Thanks.

Found the ALL scroll for Sirius. Hold the icon for current station and they appear!

Still cannot get the mirror tilt working.

Still cannot get Voice Navgation working.

So down to two :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aiming down toward the curb, passenger side, in reverse. Manual says it has this feature. But then again manual is wrong on lumbar up and down position do who knows.

·
Registered
2022 Taos Highline Pure Grey
134 Posts
Aiming down toward the curb, passenger side, in reverse. Manual says it has this feature. But then again manual is wrong on lumbar up and down position do who knows.
I don’t believe the North American Taos has the tilt in reverse feature. Wish it did. That, turn signals in the mirror housing and power lift gate all seem to be features lacking.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don’t believe the North American Taos has the tilt in reverse feature. Wish it did. That, turn signals in the mirror housing and power lift gate all seem to be features lacking.
Agreed.

BUT, it seems Carista can turn the mirror tilt on. Have not yet tried. Its snowing today, so could be a few days.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Gonna try the manual's instructions again... from the way I read it once you get it working it doesn't tilt back up until you reach 9mph in drive...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gonna try the manual's instructions again... from the way I read it once you get it working it doesn't tilt back up until you reach 9mph in drive...
Issue is, it needs to be turned on in the settings/ mirrors and wipers in infotainment. And those settings are not there! Carista reports they can enable them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Issue is, it needs to be turned on in the settings/ mirrors and wipers in infotainment. And those settings are not there! Carista reports they can enable them.
So enabled the features in Carista... the option did show up in infotainment. Followed the manual's instructions to set the mirror in reverse and then took it for test spin... still no luck... 🤨

Font Screenshot Darkness Software Multimedia

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A tad confusing the options above. But....

The instructions for setting up from the manual are also a little obtuse. Did you follow them closely?

I'd so like this to work!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts