Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never had a vehicle that had such little bass. I also live in Iowa where the temps lately have been bellow 0 F. After about an hour of driving the speaker components actually warm up a little to give out bare minimum bass. Anybody else absolutely hate this sound system? Anybody successfully replace the door speakers yet? Small powered sub maybe? I love the look and interior of this car but I am an audiophile and music is extremely important for my long drives. (75 miles per day min.)

Any feedback regarding issues and action taken on this matter is appreciated!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same thing happens to my 2019 Jetta. Whenever it is left parked outside (as you said, lower than 0 F) the speakers have no bass until it gets warm. I have lived with it. Maybe replacing the speakers is an option.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would ask Crutchfield if that’s true of many car speakers? If not, they would have a replacement suggestion with proper fitment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I totally agree it is very quiet but i will be installing 2 10” Skar Audio subs in my Taos SE 4wd I can definitely post about it when i get around to doing it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Taos is a SEL trim has the Beat Audio and my sound system sounds great with lots of bass, well it also has the factory subwoofer in the trunk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts