Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's all lend a helping hand to each other and get a good thread going.

In this thread, post something that you found out about your Taos that you didn't know. Share with the group, so someone else might find it too. Keep it positive, not an "I didn't know the start/stop system was shitty before I bought it" thread. I'll start...

Before, when I had a 19 Jetta, the backup camera was pretty boring, basic, static lines...

In this thing, in Reverse, the backup camera comes on. On the screen, tap the car icon in the upper left, then tap on the right side of the screen. Apparently you have different backup modes. Standard backup, parallel park option (pic attached), trailer hitch option (hmm), and Cross Traffic Cam!

I wasn't parallel parking, but I may have to try it soon to see if the blocks and lines are static

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just got our Taos tinted, nice to see the ANSI line (or whatever it's called) nice and low on the windshield, my tint guy said he's never seen one so low, maybe it's because the Taos visors are so small??? Oh, and nice to have the S mode so easy to activate while driving, seems to make a nice difference in holding the rpms a bit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I mean, I knew you could do it, just never got around to trying it, but I just remote started my car from Car-Net on my phone. Had to register my phone and it wanted to pair again for some reason, but it's all set up now.
Kind of fun for a middle-aged guy whose first car was a '71 Beetle!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Under vehicle settings, you can set unlock doors to “All doors”.
That way when you press the tiny black button on the door handle it unlocks all doors at once instead of just the drivers door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts