Volkswagen Taos Forum banner

Taos Wheels, Tires, and Suspension Picture Thread!

30K views 68 replies 32 participants last post by  aked76 
#1 ·

Post your pics with specs! Be specific on diameter, width, offsets, spacers, lowered or raised height. OE or Aftermarket.

#7 ·
So before I order wheels I wanted to do some fitting. Hopefully this will give some insight to some folks that are like me. I like a max width fitment without crazy aggressive pokey offsets and minimum/mildly stretched tires. And if you aren’t like me and you want more aggressive fitment maybe this can help you.

My test fit subject is 19x9.5 et 43 wheel with a 255/40r19 Nexen N5000 Platinum tire. I brought along some spacers but in my opinion for my desired fitment on the front I didn’t need the spacers to accomplish my goal. To match the poke front to rear I estimate I will need 12mm spacer on the back. I’ll sort that out when my new wheels arrive.

Here are some photos for you to see where we are at on the Taos.

Inner wheel to strut clearance is about 5mm

With a straight edge across the tire, we have roughly 3-4mm of poke.

The rear fitment is tucked, and I prefer it to match the front. Again this will be sorted when I order wheels.

Anyhow, hope this helps some people that may be considering a little wider wheel. I like to use willtheyfit.com to get an idea of where I’m gonna be.

A little added info:

I will be adding H&R sport springs in the coming weeks.

I will be running the Nexen 255/40r19 N5000 Platinum tires. Overall diameter is the same as the OE 19” tires. This is the reason I chose this size. I wanted the correct height and I didn’t want a super stretched tire with my setup. Also, they have 55k mile treadlife warranty and 2 year or 2/32 road hazard warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
So before I order wheels I wanted to do some fitting. Hopefully this will give some insight to some folks that are like me. I like a max width fitment without crazy aggressive pokey offsets and minimum/mildly stretched tires. And if you aren’t like me and you want more aggressive fitment maybe this can help you.

My test fit subject is 19x9.5 et 43 wheel with a 255/40r19 Nexen N5000 Platinum tire. I brought along some spacers but in my opinion for my desired fitment on the front I didn’t need the spacers to accomplish my goal. To match the poke front to rear I estimate I will need 12mm spacer on the back. I’ll sort that out when my new wheels arrive.

Inner wheel to strut clearance is about 5mm
Damn, that's a close fit on that strut

#8 ·

Post your pics with specs! Be specific on diameter, width, offsets, spacers, lowered or raised height. OE or Aftermarket.

SE 18" Rims on an S Model with 225/50/R18 tires. Fills that wheel well perfectly!
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Window