Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
I want a nice ride as well as some side wall for the everyday bump in the road. Was thinking of doing 235/45r18 on a 18x8.

I wanna go 19 but don’t wanna bend or crack a rim on something. Also don’t wanna mess with my speedometer.
I agree, for everyday use an 18 might be safer (and maybe a bit more comfortable).
As far as aesthetics go, that's your call, and it might even depend on the rim you choose whether an 18 or 19 looks better.

I remember showing a co-worker a picture of the wife's new Beetle Turbo once (~2012).
He said, "You need to get 19s for it!"
"They are 19s", I replied.
"You need to get 20s for it!"

·
Registered
2022 SEL 4Motion Cornflower Blue
94 Posts
Installed my H&R lowering springs a couple weeks ago. Wheels and tires were put on a couple weeks prior to that.

Wheels are Beyern Damon 19x9.5 et39 in a matte gunmetal/brushed finish. Tires are 255/40r19 Nexen N5000 Platinum. Fitment is perfect IMO. Ride quality is great.
Look at this guy flexing smooth roads and nice weather 😁

·
Registered
22 Taos SE, 92 GTI VR6, 91 GLI 16v, 84 GTI aba
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
View attachment 852
Bought these today. These will be a nice upgrade from the 17’s I have. Also wrapping them in 235/45r18 wider and still has a good amount of side wall.
What made you decide to undersized the tire by over a half inch? Why not just use the factory 225/50r18 size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the same wheels hoping to get them on without a suspension modification, but I'm reading there will be a rubbing problem...Can you tell me exactly what suspension mod you did?
Did you ever find out what the suspension mod was? Or what did you end up doing with yours?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts