Volkswagen Taos Forum banner

TAOS FUEL LINE RECALL TEST

8K views 49 replies 14 participants last post by  TexasAv 
#1 ·
I live in Wisconsin and purchase a SE front wheel drive TAOS and like everyone else, there is a recall on the fuel line. I read about this in the forum and promptly contacted my dealer. We set up an appointment for about 10 days later. When I arrived, the service department told me that they had just received a notice from VW on the recall. Apparently there is a special tool required to perform this test. Here is what they did....."Inspect fuel line; apply 67.4 lbs of force to the line to check integrity; passed test; no further work required"
Case in point....just because your fuel line seems to be tight, the recall service work MUST be performed by the dealer to give you correct results and peace of mind

#3 ·
Great information, thanks!
I called my dealer today but the guy I spoke to was not sure if they had the tool yet, although he knew about the recall. I need to call again next week and speak to the service manager. He did say that the procedure you described seemed about right and that the tools sometimes take a little while to get to all the dealerships.

#10 ·
I received the recall letter last week and made a appointment for my dealership to look at the vehicle today. I was told from the service advisor they need to order a part from VW to replace that is fuel line related. When asked detail about this part he was not able to explain it to me. All he said was their mechanic had tested the fuel line several times and had failed once.

#13 ·
I live in Highland Beach Florida. Took my 2022 Taos SE to the dealer to test for the gas line leak. Within 5 minutes my service adviser said it tested positive for leakage. Left the vehicle at the dealer and was provided a loner. I contacted VW USA and was told the parts would not be available until the first week of October 2021 and would be delivered to dealers as soon as possible.

#18 ·
I live in Northeast Ohio. Had my scheduled appointment for this Saturday (I made the appointment over 2 weeks ago and for a Saturday because of my work schedule) and just got a call from my dealer telling me that they are not able to do the fuel line test on a Saturday because it’s more involved than they originally thought and if there is an issue they will need to keep my car. I asked if they would be willing to give me a loaner and they said no. So now my appointment isn’t until mid October (when I am on vacation). Let’s hope I don’t have any issues in the meantime. 🤦🏻‍♂️

#19 ·
I would get in touch with the sales rep, have them yell at the service writer for you. There's no way that they shouldn't be able to provide you with some sort of loaner if they have to keep your car.

Hell, my dealership asked me up front if I wanted one when they replaced my trunk springs on my Jetta, and that was only a 2 hour job (they did 10k service at the same time)

#22 ·
05/21 here.
I talked to a service advisor at my dealership today about the fuel line. They have checked a few in the last week, and none failed. They have not been allocated any parts (replacement fuel lines) - if it fails they have to order one by VIN number and give you a loaner.

#43 ·
On a side note, the dealership today was EMPTY! A handful of new Tiguans, a few Jettas just being unloaded. Even the used inventory was almost non-existent. The salesman I talked to said they are basically waiting till next year to get back to normal - he's hoping by March. Supply is tight...

#47 ·
Mine is at the dealer now awaiting the fuel line for a week so far.. worried it will take as long as yours did, reading this thread. I delayed bringing it in for the inspection; bought in June ‘21. Who did you argue with at VW— the financing side or the dealer or US VW cust svc? And what did they give you? Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.