Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
From some other literature I saw, it was indicated that the cutoff date for affected vehicles was week 2 in July ??

I'd like to hear what people have for build dates on their vehicles (door sticker). Mine is 06/21

·
Registered
137 Posts
From some other literature I saw, it was indicated that the cutoff date for affected vehicles was week 2 in July ??

I'd like to hear what people have for build dates on their vehicles (door sticker). Mine is 06/21
05/21 here.
I talked to a service advisor at my dealership today about the fuel line. They have checked a few in the last week, and none failed. They have not been allocated any parts (replacement fuel lines) - if it fails they have to order one by VIN number and give you a loaner.

·
Registered
74 Posts

6/21 for ours too!
Taking it in Oct 11th to get that Engine light diagnosed (code P2421) so we'll see what transpires.

·
Registered
28 Posts
6/21 for ours too!
Taking it in Oct 11th to get that Engine light diagnosed (code P2421) so we'll see what transpires.
My 2022 Taos has a manufacture date of 5/21. Still at the dealer since 8 September awaiting replacement fuel line parts.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Is the cutoff date of July, for the assumed affected vehicles built prior to July or after?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, mine passed. The service writer said that they currently have 8 sitting in the service lot, waiting for replacement parts

·
Registered
28 Posts
With the slow distribution of parts, I'm hoping they will have the replacement parts for the fuel line repair soon.It's nice the dealer provided a loaner, but I want my Taos back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in Northeast Ohio. Had my scheduled appointment for this Saturday (I made the appointment over 2 weeks ago and for a Saturday because of my work schedule) and just got a call from my dealer telling me that they are not able to do the fuel line test on a Saturday because it’s more involved than they originally thought and if there is an issue they will need to keep my car. I asked if they would be willing to give me a loaner and they said no. So now my appointment isn’t until mid October (when I am on vacation). Let’s hope I don’t have any issues in the meantime. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Finally had my appointment today for the fuel line. I was told everything checked out ok. I hope others have the same good results.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Finally had my appointment today for the fuel line. I was told everything checked out ok. I hope others have the same good results.
What was the manufacture date of your Taos? I was told the fuel line leak were Taos's manufactured prior to July 21. My mfg. date was May 21 and the fuel was leaking. It's been at the dealer since 8 September.

·
Registered
137 Posts
What was the manufacture date of your Taos? I was told the fuel line leak were Taos's manufactured prior to July 21. My mfg. date was May 21 and the fuel was leaking. It's been at the dealer since 8 September.
As I understand it, a manufacturing date prior to July means it must be checked. The issue was corrected in the factory after July. They expected around 1.5% of the pre-July fuel lines to fail the test and need replaced according to the NHTSA documents.

My 5/21 build was tested today (as well as the ECU update) and it passed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
As I understand it, a manufacturing date prior to July means it must be checked. The issue was corrected in the factory after July. They expected around 1.5% of the pre-July fuel lines to fail the test and need replaced according to the NHTSA documents.

My 5/21 build was tested today (as well as the ECU update) and it passed.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts