Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, loving my Taos……a situation I have. The start/stop deactivation feature is ALWAYS on my Taos. Actually I don’t mind that but it seems to not be right.
It’a always defeated ( deactivated). For a little while it was intermittent but now it seems that’s always the case. Had the Taos for just 3 weeks.
So again, always deactivated, I never touch the button on the shifting area and it’s NOT illuminated.
And yes, I get the vehicle up to operating temperature.
Has Anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
'22 Taos SE
6 Posts
Agreed - there are a number of conditions that you might think shouldn't play a role, but in fact, they do temporarily disable this feature (see the manual for details). Test it on an even surface - if it works, you're good to go.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Can it be deactivated entirely without using that gizmo from Urotuning.... B2bfab that costs around $60?
Yes, but it requires programming (via Carista or whatever). The most common method is to set the battery voltage threshold unreasonably high, so it is never met and the start/stop system has not met all the required conditions. I think that's what Carista does, though it might not explicitly say that is what it is doing.
The B2BFAB harness is nice since it only reverses the operation - i.e. default is disabled, but if you press the button, you can re-enable it if you want it active.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts