·
Registered
4 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 VW Taos S
77 Posts
Does anyone know of a wider cross bar set that will work. We have a 15' Scanoe that we used to carry on the roof of our Dodge Journey. The after market bars on it are 54' wide and give a little extra room for the wide load on the roof. I am sure we can go narrower by a little bit and I also know they sit higher and can cause wind noise but then so does the Scanoe.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For anyone who has installed the OEM base carrier bars, have you gone through a car wash with the bars attached? The literature says to remove the bars before going through a car wash--i'm not really wanting to do this every time.
I wash my car multiple times a week and I've never taken the bars off. I don't have any issues with them being left on. No damage on anything, so far. I will update in the future if that ever changes, but I highly doubt it will.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing a whistling noise from the OEM Crossbars. I get it even at low speed. Thinking it may be related to install. The bars don’t seem straight (see picture). Any insight would be great. Don’t want to have to take these off every time I’m not actually using them but the sound is very annoying.
Wood Hood Bumper Rectangle Stairs

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing a whistling noise from the OEM Crossbars. I get it even at low speed. Thinking it may be related to install. The bars don’t seem straight (see picture). Any insight would be great. Don’t want to have to take these off every time I’m not actually using them but the sound is very annoying. View attachment 776
Mine are like this too. I only get a small whistling noise on the highway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I lost one of the end caps from my base carrier 2GJ071151.. seems flimsy, never latching well. Any one else have the same issue? Also, anyone willing to sell an extra End Cap as a replacement part? It's for my daughters car and I can't find any replacement parts or loose/single end caps for sale any ware!.. please advise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing a whistling noise from the OEM Crossbars. I get it even at low speed. Thinking it may be related to install. The bars don’t seem straight (see picture). Any insight would be great. Don’t want to have to take these off every time I’m not actually using them but the sound is very annoying. View attachment 776
I lost one of the end caps from my base carrier 2GJ071151.. seems flimsy, never latching well. Any one else have the same issue? Also, anyone willing to sell an extra End Cap as a replacement part? It's for my daughters car and I can't find any replacement parts or loose/single end caps for sale any ware!.. please advise.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts