Volkswagen Taos Forum banner

Roof rail cross bars

21K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  VFelix 
I lost one of the end caps from my base carrier 2GJ071151.. seems flimsy, never latching well. Any one else have the same issue? Also, anyone willing to sell an extra End Cap as a replacement part? It's for my daughters car and I can't find any replacement parts or loose/single end caps for sale any ware!.. please advise.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing a whistling noise from the OEM Crossbars. I get it even at low speed. Thinking it may be related to install. The bars don’t seem straight (see picture). Any insight would be great. Don’t want to have to take these off every time I’m not actually using them but the sound is very annoying. View attachment 776
I lost one of the end caps from my base carrier 2GJ071151.. seems flimsy, never latching well. Any one else have the same issue? Also, anyone willing to sell an extra End Cap as a replacement part? It's for my daughters car and I can't find any replacement parts or loose/single end caps for sale any ware!.. please advise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.