Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Just picked up my Taos Trendline today. This might be a dumb question but I have a set of winter tires from my 2019 Jetta that I'm hoping will fit on the Taos, what do I need to check to make sure it'll fit? I'm pretty sure the bolt pattern is the same on both but other than that I don't know what else to check. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
221 Posts
it sound slike she's trying to put on her jetta tires + rims on the taos.

some of this might be the same seeing its VW in both. rim size / width, bolt spacing, offset and bolt head face angle all need to be the same. then the overall tire diameter and width should be close to size of stock tire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it sound slike she's trying to put on her jetta tires + rims on the taos.

some of this might be the same seeing its VW in both. rim size / width, bolt spacing, offset and bolt head face angle all need to be the same. then the overall tire diameter and width should be close to size of stock tire.
Yes exactly. I'm trying to see If the jetta tires + rim would fit the Taos.

Would I find the bolt spacing, offset, bolt head face angle on the sticker on the inside of the door or somewhere on the rim or is it something that I actually need to measure. Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
2022 Taos Highline (SEL 4Motion)
6 Posts
Yes exactly. I'm trying to see If the jetta tires + rim would fit the Taos.

Would I find the bolt spacing, offset, bolt head face angle on the sticker on the inside of the door or somewhere on the rim or is it something that I actually need to measure. Thanks for your replies.
The rim specs are usually cast into the inner face of the spokes and you need to remove a wheel to check that. Of course the info would be somewhere on the web as well.

I suspect that the rims may be compatible but that you would need a taller tire on those rims, to match the diameter of the Taos tires.

·
Registered
221 Posts
using a tire calculator and some web values because we don't know the tire size you've got. the overall tires will be too small. 1.1" height difference is quite large. you can see how different the revolutions per mile are. so while the rims fit, I'd get new snow tires.
Automotive tire Font Material property Screenshot Circle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So just got to my storage where I have my 16inch winter tires on steel rims. The size is 205 60 r16. Would we be able to know if they would fit on the Taos (which currently has 225 55 r17) thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate your input.

·
Registered
2022 Taos SE 4-Motion
23 Posts
Those tires most likely do not have an adequate Load Rating for your Toas. They will most likely fit but it doesn't mean they are safe with the car fully loaded (multiple passengers with gear). In my opinion they are too skinny and deviate too far from the OEM size (225/50/18 or 225/55/17).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts