Volkswagen Taos Forum banner

Remote start not working

43K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Jwages 
#1 ·
Has anyone else had issues with the remote start? It worked the first day I had the car, but now neither the key fob or carnet can remote start the vehicle.

I made sure the parking brake was on (and off) with no luck. I can hear something going on in the engine bay when I try, but its not like its turning over or anything.

Will have to take it to the dealer to look at it I guess.

#6 ·
Honestly mine is hit or miss.. 80% of the time it doesn't work and 20 it does. I took it to the dealer and unfortunately i have a check engine light on for a pressure valve.. so they say that the remote start wont work with that on. I tried to tell them it was not working before that though and they said they cant even look at it until the other thing is fixed. I just keep taking videos so they cant say "cant reproduce the issue" crap.

Let me know if they get yours fixed

#8 ·
Has anyone else had issues with the remote start? It worked the first day I had the car, but now neither the key fob or carnet can remote start the vehicle.

I made sure the parking brake was on (and off) with no luck. I can hear something going on in the engine bay when I try, but its not like its turning over or anything.

Same issue. I have had my Taos (SE AWD) for just under a month, and it has already gone back to the dealership for a check engine light (another common problem with this car listed in the forums). The check engine at the time was also causing the remote start to not work but was resolved after they fixed the light, which was expected. The remote start would work from the Car-Net and the key for just over a week, and now I am having the remote start issue with no engine light. I double-checked for fluids, gas is over 1/4 tank, no other faults, the fob is working, no updates for Car-Net, and yes my car is locked and did the double-click and then hit the remote start; no luck. The trunk is also closed. I have it scheduled to go in to figure out what's going on.

#9 ·
Mine is doing the same thing it’s hit or miss with the remote start working mine is also an SE fwd car-Net says that remote start has ended if problem persists take it in for service or something to that effect and the key fob won’t work either it’ll unlock the doors it’ll lock the doors but the remote start won’t work all you hear is a bunch of clicking from the engine

#10 ·
Oh I forgot to say that too! The Car-Net does work to some extent, because it will unlock the car, provide realtime stats and so fourth. I also get that same Pesky message.

Without the engine light on, I am not able to get in right away (which is fine - they have been crazy). I’m going back in on the 17th. Fingers crossed its a quick fix and one that permanently gets resolved.

#14 ·
I was able to get it diagnosed, but the part is out of stock, so no fixes just yet, but I know more.

Per the VW tech:
The P2422 EVAP System vent valve is stuck close. Static fault; tech integrity test plan would not complete. Removed N80 valve and found charcoal in the canister. Ordered N80 valve and charcoal canister.

#16 · (Edited)
I'm having a problem with Car-Net since I got a new phone (it worked fine on my previous iPhone). Although I can unlock doors, flash lights, locate the car, etc, the Car-Net app gives me an error when I try to remote start, saying:

Remote start cannot be performed until your device is paired with your vehicle. Pairing is currently pending at your head unit.
I tried to go through the phone registration again, but the car says my phone is already linked. Anyone figure out how to fix this?

#17 ·

My remote start was fine for the first 5 days. Day 6 it stopped working both in CarNet and from the key fob. All other carnet features are working though. Has anyone found a fix for this yet? Taking it to the dealer in a couple days….

#20 ·
Update: took my car in today. Technician said it was a glitch in the software. Came back after a few hours and remote start was working again. It must also be working from the key fob since I got notifications in CarNet when I was waiting at home. Invoice shows that they reinstalled Flex Guard. Hopefully this is the only time I have to do this. Winter in NYC is serious.

#32 ·
My remote start works, but my carnet start does not. I get all the notifications so its talking. My dealer said carnet is shit and that I shouldn't trust it (ha). They said they cant do anything and that I should contact carnet about the issue.

I've been to lazy to contact them

#34 ·
Has anyone else had issues with the remote start? It worked the first day I had the car, but now neither the key fob or carnet can remote start the vehicle. I made sure the parking brake was on (and off) with no luck. I can hear something going on in the engine bay when I try, but its not like its turning over or anything. Will have to take it to the dealer to look at it I guess.
I have the same problem when the weather is cold with snow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.