Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. New owner of Taos SEL we picked up in early December. We have the AWD model. Curious if this is be design or other have the same issue. We use CarPlay and have an iPhone. Contacts seem to sync with MIB 3 and software on Taos but incoming calls don’t show name or contact info other then phone number calling. So when an incomming calls comes in you just see the number and not contact info or person’s name. Is this the same for everyone else. This didn’t happen on old VWs and should display person’s name from contact database no ?

thanks in advance

Lee Morris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, caller ID works fine with my iPhone. Perhaps you need to remove the phone and re-sync it?
Did that same thing. Are you talking about CarPlay caller ID works fine or caller ID - but displaying the Name of the contact in the VW MIB Phone part of the software? The phone number - regular caller ID comes up but not the actual name of the person in the VW (non Carplay) phone area

·
Registered
2022 SEL 4motion - Platinum Grey
22 Posts
Interesting. My non-CarPlay phone pop up shows both contact name and the photo I have for them. Maybe check you phone settings. Go into Bluetooth settings and pick your car. There is a toggle. Could be off.

·
Registered
FWD SEL / Cornflower Blue
71 Posts
Did that same thing. Are you talking about CarPlay caller ID works fine or caller ID - but displaying the Name of the contact in the VW MIB Phone part of the software? The phone number - regular caller ID comes up but not the actual name of the person in the VW (non Carplay) phone area
Ah okay. What's the use case for this, out of curiosity? When my phone is connected on CarPlay the caller's name pops up in the "App" section on the infotainment system / on my iPhone. Haven't even thought of the caller ID for the VW display.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts