Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 VW Taos SE FWD, Cornflower Blue
179 Posts
When I go in for my first oil change in a few thousand I'll ask them about it but I don't expect them to be able to find anything. It's really strange. I already have a small chip in the center of the windshield that I need to fill, I doubt it'll be easy to find a new windshield if this one gets cracked because it's so new.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The roads here in Long Islans NY are so bad right now. Last weekend when I took it upstate it took at least 5 rock hits and although not cracked I do now have a few small little chips in it. First long trip in it @$(@&^(@$^(@@$

What worrys me is the Nissan Rogue I traded in for the Taos went through 3 windshields in 4 or 5 months and every time they installed one they insisted because of the Self Driving Cruise Control (similar to IQ Drive which I have) it has to be re-calibrated. SafeLite screwed it up every got dam time and I had to keep going back and drop it off only top pick it up not working again. It turned into a multi-week nightmare each time and ended up having to go back to Nissan for recalibration. On the last replacement I argued with the Insurance Co for a week and told them SafeLite is not touching the car again period. They eventually found someone else that came to my house and changed it in about 10 to 15 minutes and the Self Drive worked perfect with no recalibration. Moral of the story is I'm done with SafeLite so I pray my chips dont turn into cracks and grow...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased my 2022 Taos in September and I'm already hearing that snapping noise in my windshield. It happened during the warm weather and it is doing it now that the weather is getting cooler. I had a similar experience with a 2011 Honda CRV. A diligent Honda mechanic discovered that the dashboard unit was not secured properly and there was a gap between it and the car's frame. Once it was secured the noise went away.
After reading your posts I'm going to bring my car to the dealer and share your posts. It IS a legitimate issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Posted the following in the "sunroof popping sound" thread, as that's what I came across when I went online to see if anyone else with a Taos was experiencing this sound, as with the weather turning colder in Winnipeg MB, our Taos is now reliably making this loud popping or cracking sound as the interior of the vehicle warms up on each and every drive. In the "sunroof popping sound thread", I said:
Went online to research this as our new Taos Comfortline with panoramic sunroof also seems to make a loud popping noise each time we drive it now that the weather has gotten colder here in Winnipeg. The first time we heard it, we thought a branch had fallen from a tree and hit the car, though with it now happening routinely after a few minutes of driving, we are convinced that the sound is emanating from some misfitting opposed parts of the vehicle itself. Like several others in this thread, the sound is a loud singular "pop", which seems to be coming from the passenger side windshield area, though I can't rule out either the dashboard or sunroof. Will keep listening for it, and will report it to my VW dealer, though suspect this will be met with little more than a shoulder shrug, so wanted to go on record here so as to bolster the notion that there is a common issue here that Volkswagen should seek to resolve.

Fingers crossed my dealership doesn't dismiss this and that there is now a fix for this issue so we can all enjoy our VWs without the extra sound effect!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts