Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if you guys know, but under the settings in the phone menu there is an option for HD calls...

I think this is a great option, but not sure it translates to carplay.

Which do you use to make calls? Have you made calls both on the standard Bluetooth setting and Carplay... if so, do you think there is a difference to the person on the side?

·
Registered
FWD SEL / Cornflower Blue
71 Posts
I use wireless CarPlay and calls sound good to me/good to the other side. Technically [wireless] CarPlay uses WiFi for most data transmission (more bandwidth) and Bluetooth as the initial handshake for discovery (the way AirDrop works), but it's possible Bluetooth could be used for calls… would have to look at the spec more carefully.

Can't imagine it's a significant difference, since it's routing through your phone regardless.

Note that HD voice is more about your carrier than about the connection between your phone & the car (LTE & 5G networks). Regardless, phone calls are very low-bandwidth anyway, they're never going to sound all that crazy good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.