Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously though, this sounds like a good thing.
An OTA software update does not cost technician time, so hopefully this will allow VW to issue updates more frequently as they become available.

Registered
FWD SEL / Cornflower Blue
Saw that too, but when I looked up my VIN it did say the MIB has an update at the dealer as of Feb 2 (service recall). Hopefully this update will enable OTA. I didn't realize it even had this capability, so that's pretty cool.

Registered
I got the OTA update a few days ago. It fixed the navigation issue I had. No problems at all downloading and installing - all was done automatically.
I was having an issue where the car's GPS would think I'm in a previous location many miles away, and would take several blocks before it realized. Seems to have been fixed so far. Not sure if this was your issue

Registered
The issue I had was when the map view was set to point in the direction of travel the car location was always shown as below the area the screen displayed. However, if I changed the view to always point north I saw the car location. This update fixed that

Registered
Ah the built-in nav. I use CarPlay and my phone's GPS would be correct until it connected to the car (phones use the car's antenna for location) and then suddenly I'd be in some location I was at previously.

Registered
Update: took my car in today. Technician said it was a glitch in the software. Came back after a few hours and remote start was working again. It must also be working from the key fob since I got notifications in CarNet when I was waiting at home. Invoice shows that they reinstalled Flex Guard. Hopefully this is the only time I have to do this. Winter in NYC is serious.
From a different thread

Registered
No email
Page on recalls shows nothing for my VIN
I have .0809 installed. I understand current is .0813
I DO NOT have anything Car-net enabled. Never registered it. Felt it is invasive.

So not sure where I am with all of this.

Registered
Would be good to know if anyone without registering for carnet got this update. Also would like to know if it updates maps at all? A number of unknowns for me. Wish VW was more transparent about the content and process.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts