Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Hey, the car is still running" , says the Taos with a loud 90's digital alarm clock sound.
Yes, I know you are still running, you are in park Taos, you will be fine. Let me just check the mail with the key in my pocket.
Hmm. No mail, let me get back in and park.
"Hey, the car is still running!" , says the Taos with the wimpiest sound of a Walmart scooter in reverse.
Yes, I know you are still running, I left you this way, get over it.

In short, why! Why not just give it a timer to auto-shutdown? Put a timer on the dash, anything other than alerting me that I left the car and kept the car running.

Would love to turn that off... Short of leaving the key in the Taos I don't think I will get my wish. Any Mods out there thru ODB2 etc?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well to be honest, you have to build cars for the lowest common denominator... People have run themselves over....

But yes, every time I step out for a smoke, leaving the car running, this is all that I can think of....
Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Font Rectangle Sky

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Hey, the car is still running" , says the Taos with a loud 90's digital alarm clock sound.
Yes, I know you are still running, you are in park Taos, you will be fine. Let me just check the mail with the key in my pocket.
Hmm. No mail, let me get back in and park.
"Hey, the car is still running!" , says the Taos with the wimpiest sound of a Walmart scooter in reverse.
Yes, I know you are still running, I left you this way, get over it.

In short, why! Why not just give it a timer to auto-shutdown? Put a timer on the dash, anything other than alerting me that I left the car and kept the car running.

Would love to turn that off... Short of leaving the key in the Taos I don't think I will get my wish. Any Mods out there thru ODB2 etc?
not sure if this helps, but once the alarm starts press OK on the steering wheel

·
Registered
6 Posts
It does have auto-shutdown, which is kind of annoying and happens without much warning, even if you never open the doors and are just sitting in "Park" waiting for someone.

And yes, the alarm sound is startling loud for what it's trying to convey.

·
Registered
191 Posts
It looks like this can be disabled with some coding. I found several videos etc. for how to disable it in other VWs so it should definitely be doable with VCDS. Not sure about OBDEleven, Carista, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts