Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So stated because I have read numerous threads with BOTH android and iPhone and VW, Audi, Skoda, maybe Subaru, etc.

I have the volumes for everything from audio, to ringer, to notifications, etc set to a volume I prefer on iPhone. Same in the Taos. I connect via Bluetooth and after I leave the car the volumes on the iPhone are all at MAX.

What I have not tested is do I have to make a phone call for the volumes to change? Send a text message? Just connect, drive and shut off the car and leave? that I WILL check.

None of the suggestions from Apple or car forums have worked for me. Turning side buttons off, updates, hard boot. And it seems some with same phones, software and cars do not have the issue. There must be something.....and I am convinced it has to be Bluetooth and not the phone.

Anyone else? Suggestions?

Links to other places if interested:

You can Google for more....

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another with Ford and 3 years ago:

I also think it is possible this only happens if using the wireless charger in the car. Unsure on that as well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found the culprit but no solution. Only thing that does it. 100% repeatable.

just put my phone on the wireless charger. Takes a second or two to start charging and volume goes to 100%

any ideas????

same for others?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appear to have solved the issue by changing the device type on the Bluetooth connection on the iPhone from Car Stereo to Other. No issues since but still a little early to tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts