Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Canadian here. Bought my Taos at the end of November and two weeks in discovered the engine leaking oil. Of course the part is on back order so I’ve been driving a rental vehicle in the meantime. Has anyone else had this issue with their Taos?

·
Registered
2022 Taos Highline Pure Grey
137 Posts
Hi! Canadian here. Bought my Taos at the end of November and two weeks in discovered the engine leaking oil. Of course the part is on back order so I’ve been driving a rental vehicle in the meantime. Has anyone else had this issue with their Taos?
That must be very frustrating! No issues with my Highline since purchased in July other than the driver’s door lock button stopped working as soon as temperature dropped below freezing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Luckily ours is holding tight :)
That must be very frustrating! No issues with my Highline since purchased in July other than the driver’s door lock button stopped working as soon as temperature dropped below freezing.
Good to know! Nice to hear some good news stories on here. I’m looking forward to getting my Taos back!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Similar issue . Oil in the small cavities below the brake fluid reservoir. Appears to be fresh engine oil.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got my vehicle back today. Forgot to add previously that it has approx 6k miles. Transmission cooler gasket o-ring replaced and trans fluid topped off.
So I checked today after work and see very slight moisture. Could be residual from the previous o-ring replacement. Will post more as this progresses but hope it does not (really like the Taos). If anyone is concerned about yours, look directly below the brake reservoir on the aluminum below. Had a 20' Tiguan that I traded for this and that 2.0t was solid but it did not have awd.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Additional update. 5.5hr drive to dallas today. Same oil build up below brake reservoir. My wife sent me pics of oil spots in the driveway. Will be dropped back off for repair saturday and I will pick up another loaner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New update 6-14-2022; today I was told that the "oil cooler" lines have grooves/scratches not allowing for a good seal. And of course, that part is on back-order. Not sure if this fits multiple vehicles. If only the Taos, then this is not a good sign.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Final post. My local dealer bought the VW back as of 6-16-2022. Bought a used 2019 Toyota Highlander (known reliability) with low mileage to replace the Taos. Nothing negative to say about the Taos but it was unfortunate to deal with that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts