Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Or did the transmission takes 2 weeks adjusting to your driving style??? lol
I think that’s why a lot of people have complained about lag, because they drive it like a conventional automatic! Really it’s been a case of me adjusting to this transmission on the all-wheel-drive! I don’t experience any lag or any issues with acceleration.

·
Registered
67 Posts
With these you need to be more deliberate with your intention. Don't inch forward in heavy traffic, don't modulate the accelerator pedal while accelerating, especially with a spooling turbo. Little things like that. Look at Ford's DCT fiasco. Is it design or driver abuse?

·
Registered
22 VW Taos SE FWD, Cornflower Blue
123 Posts
With these you need to be more deliberate with your intention. Don't inch forward in heavy traffic, don't modulate the accelerator pedal while accelerating, especially with a spooling turbo. Little things like that. Look at Ford's DCT fiasco. Is it design or driver abuse?
Sort of- I had two Ford Focuses with the DCT (I loved absolutely everything else about the Focus except the transmissions) and a Kia DCT- I learned how to drive them, if you think of it like driving a manual, and when you apply the throttle lean into it gently until the clutches engage and then increase the throttle, like you would with a manual, only you have to rely on the computer to engage the clutches. That said they are usually pretty consistent so after you've driven for a few days/weeks it's easy to learn. The Ford DCT issues were definitely a design issue however, the clutches were severely under-designed and overheated way too easily under normal conditions.

Once actually moving however yeah you need to be more deliberate and consistent with the throttle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts