Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
With the vehicle running , you could try holding in the power button knob on the left side of the screen for about 10 seconds and that will force the system to reboot itself.
hey there .. that worked! .. on my 2022 taos se .. the radio just wouldn’t turn off .. did as you recommended and back to normal .. thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a ‘22 FWD SE in late January. Three weeks later a software update bricked my radio. Stays in a reboot cycle until it just stops coming on completely. Dealer says it needs total replacement. Radio is backordered with no ETA. Very disappointing. I understand it’s no one’s fault and there’s nothing anyone can do, but you don’t buy a new car thinking you’re immediately going to have to go without your favorite features indefinitely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well after a couple of hours and a couple of short trips (the screen is back on)?? What’s going on? I’ll keep my appointment in three weeks in case it keeps acting up....
Keep the appointment. Mine would come and go. But now it won't work at all. No backup camera, music, or phone.

·
Registered
22 VW Taos SE FWD, Cornflower Blue
147 Posts
Unrelated but why the hell does anyone choose to use built-in navigation which is 100% of the time far less intuitive and easy as just using google maps/waze with android auto/apple carplay or spend time trying to activate it on a car that doesn't have it? Is it some status thing like "my car has built in nav!"?

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my way home from my 2022 Taos' first 10,000mi maintenance service appt at the dealer my infotainment system started rebooting and wouldn't connect to my phone...next day (today) it continued rebooting until it finally just went completely blank and won't turn on at all now. I appreciate the info shared here and will try the power button reset. Also concerned that the vehicle has been having acceleration issues...seems sluggish and bogs when accelerating from a stop and then suddenly it takes off..service guy tried telling me it's still "learning" me as a driver and the issue will most likely resolve itself once it "learns" my driving style. I call it an elaborate way of telling me they are backed up on service for 3-4 weeks and don't want to deal with it, but who knows...maybe I should try talking to it so it gets to know me better considering I can't use my radio anyway. lol

21 - 26 of 26 Posts