Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I recently leased a Taos. Starting with my first drive home from the dealership, Google Maps will sometimes freeze my position or think I’m in a different location (nearby but still inaccurate). This doesn’t happen every time, but enough that it’s an issue. This never happened in my prior car, so I think this is a Taos issue rather than a phone issue.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues and, if so, does anyone have a fix? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This just started happening to me out of the blue—it always seems to think I'm right at home no matter where I am and have to drive a few blocks for it to update.

I'm assuming CarPlay takes the car's GPS coordinates (iirc for wireless CarPlay it's part of the spec) as my phone is correct until CarPlay activates.

·
Registered
27 Posts
you might need a replacement module of some sort. mine had all kinds of issues and needed 2. you could also ask the dealership to update the software (you can't do this on your own). beware, the modules are in short supply so your car will sit and sit and sit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all. I recently leased a Taos. Starting with my first drive home from the dealership, Google Maps will sometimes freeze my position or think I’m in a different location (nearby but still inaccurate). This doesn’t happen every time, but enough that it’s an issue. This never happened in my prior car, so I think this is a Taos issue rather than a phone issue.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues and, if so, does anyone have a fix? Thanks.
Based on what I have been reading, this issue has to do with the latest Apple software update 15.2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts