Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this annoying rattling sound that seems to be coming from the drivers footwell. I feel like its coming from the break pedal but its hard to tell sounds like somethings loose? Only happens while driving and comes and goes even on smooth pavement sometimes. I also had a dash buzzing coming from the large blue plastic trim piece above the infotainment screen. But that one seems to be weather dependent and very inconsistent. The inconsistency of the rattles is the most annoying thing I get in drive and its perfect or its a rattle box. Is it worth it taking it to the dealer I hesitate as I don't want them to create more rattles trying to fix the ones I have? Anyone else dealing with this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a rattle when making right turns about 15-25 mph like on a roundabout was the cv axle and wheel bearing from the drivers side....appratnly there are a bunch that were affected by this. Was more like a knocking sound

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a rattle when making right turns about 15-25 mph like on a roundabout was the cv axle and wheel bearing from the drivers side....appratnly there are a bunch that were affected by this. Was more like a knocking sound
Ah I see. My rattle is a little different. I actually found the source for all of them. Its the bottom plastic part where the instrument panel is. Just needs to be tightened up a bit. I havent taken it to the dealer but I might try fixing it myself with some felt tape to get it more secured.

·
Registered
41 Posts
@alwayslivid - I have the exact same problem. Very inconsistent rattles. I found one is the speaker above the dashboard in the center right below the windshield. One can feet it isn’t fitted well. Left door rattles and goes away when I rest my arm on it. And then something else is rattling which I thought might be weather related and I don’t know yet. Will also look into what you mentioned, although I’m not sure what you mean by instrument panel?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@alwayslivid - I have the exact same problem. Very inconsistent rattles. I found one is the speaker above the dashboard in the center right below the windshield. One can feet it isn’t fitted well. Left door rattles and goes away when I rest my arm on it. And then something else is rattling which I thought might be weather related and I don’t know yet. Will also look into what you mentioned, although I’m not sure what you mean by instrument panel?
I kind of pressed things together in that area and it removed the rattle but it still loosens up after a while. I thought it was coming from the footwell but it was right in front of me.

Automotive design Automotive lighting Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
41 Posts
I kind of pressed things together in that area and it removed the rattle but it still loosens up after a while. I thought it was coming from the footwell but it was right in front of me.

View attachment 319
Ahh thanks for pointing out exactly where you pressed. I'll try that also next time I hear it. So strange how it's inconsistant. Makes me wonder about if it's weather related.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts