Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Taos Highline Pure Grey
133 Posts
Looking good! Welcome to the Pure Gray (Grey in Canada) ownership club. Mine is currently coated in salt and looks nowhere near as good as yours! Thanks for the reminder of how it will look under better weather conditions!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking good! Welcome to the Pure Gray (Grey in Canada) ownership club. Mine is currently coated in salt and looks nowhere near as good as yours! Thanks for the reminder of how it will look under better weather conditions!
Thank you! I haven’t even washed it since I bought it on Monday (2/7/22) and I even told the salesman not to “detail” it. I’m going to ceramic coat the whole thing soon!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Adds an extra layer of protection to the exterior paintwork and reduces swirl marks (which I hate) and scratches. It’s also hydrophobic and helps clean the car easier.
So is it like a hard paste that you put on the car and buff off? Is it difficult to use? I hire I’d have to go to a car detail center to get it done since I’m just over 65 may be a bit much for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So is it like a hard paste that you put on the car and buff off? Is it difficult to use? I hire I’d have to go to a car detail center to get it done since I’m just over 65 may be a bit much for me.
Yeah pretty much, it’s like glass. You have to get it done professionally unless you know what you’re doing. The paint needs to be in perfect condition as well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah pretty much, it’s like glass. You have to get it done professionally unless you know what you’re doing. The paint needs to be in perfect condition as well.
I just checked some shoes around here and their prices were $1200.00 to $1800.00 for ceramic coating. Are those prices for real? That’s in the Trenton area of NJ.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts