Volkswagen Taos Forum banner

Going in reverse when in drive

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  kwdreams 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2023 VW Taos last week and twice now when I park my car put it in reverse to fix my parking then put it back in drive it will only go in reverse then it will lock up so I have to turn the car off and on for it to work right
Has anyone else had this issue?

#4 ·
I just purchased a 2023 VW Taos last week and twice now when I park my car put it in reverse to fix my parking then put it back in drive it will only go in reverse then it will lock up so I have to turn the car off and on for it to work right
I think you can't slip the gears.
Meaning you need to put breaks on to release it to next year I figure.

#5 ·
Hi! I bought a VW 2022 Taos and it does the same thing! I would be driving on the road and the car stops and tells me to turn on the engine while the brake locks and the car reverses. I took my car to the dealership I bought it from, and they didn't find anything. I also contacted the manufacturer and they told me there's nothing they can do. It has done this for several months now. I have videos of this happening and completely believe this car is unsafe. I will try to file legal action since I can't find help elsewhere. I will never purchase a VW again.

#10 ·
Did you ever get this figured out? We just bought a 2023 Taos and it’s doing the same thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.