Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
That is bizarre, as that would seem to be the most likely reason for having it in the first place. And the radar has the ability to tell how far away something is and how fast you are approaching it. Whether it's stopped or not is irrelevant - it's how fast you are closing on it that matters.

I still have absolutely no faith in these systems anyway, no matter what car it is. If I run into a stopped vehicle, then that's on me. If you rear end somebody because you were "expecting to be notified", then that is simply a complete abdication of responsibility for driving a car.

Sounds like you need to get a guinea pig to walk in front of you and see how it does with a moving pedestrian... :)

·
Registered
2022 SEL 4motion - Platinum Grey
26 Posts
VW probably has to say that to keep any liability off them when someone hit someone or something. I’ve had it stop me before hitting the car in front of me. I know it doesn’t work like parking sensors but I do know every morning when I pull into work as I past my work car closely to back it it beeps super fast with the warning light. The auto braking in reverse snaps your neck forward with how quick it works.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
VW probably has to say that to keep any liability off them when someone hit someone or something. I’ve had it stop me before hitting the car in front of me. I know it doesn’t work like parking sensors but I do know every morning when I pull into work as I past my work car closely to back it it beeps super fast with the warning light. The auto braking in reverse snaps your neck forward with how quick it works.
Yup. Just does not do the same going forward with stationary oblects.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts