Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to get the side view mirrors to fold automatically when backing up, or is the only option to manually push the mirrors in?

The drivers manual seemed to indicate it’s possible but I can’t find a way. I have the Taos SEL AWD model.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Why is would you want them to fold when backing up? Do you mean tilt down? I think that is a feature you can enable using a OMB device.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I meant have the side view mirrors fold back on their own similar to this:
I need it because I have a tight space to back up into and don't want to hit the mirrors.
In my previous Tiguan the mirrors actually folded by themselves when going into reverse.
Even though I read about this in the taos drivers manual that you can configure the mirrors to close when going into reverse, those instructions don't work.
So now i'm wondering if the Taos doesn't even have a capability for the mirrors to close on their own.
Seems weird that i'd have to do a hack with an OMB device to get this, but okay.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don’t think Taos have the motors in the mirrors for this. I don’t think the gen2 Tiguans do either, only gen1s. The Touareg did and the Atlas does, in some trims.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. That would explain it then. I had it on my gen2 Tiguan but that was an sel premium. Seems like taos sel trim is missing a couple options that I imagined would be included at that price point.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks. That would explain it then. I had it on my gen2 Tiguan but that was an sel premium. Seems like taos sel trim is missing a couple options that I imagined would be included at that price point.
Like memory driver seat and motorized hatch? Yeah, me too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts