Volkswagen Taos Forum banner

FM radio reception

661 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  1raducris 
#1 ·
After installing the rear camera of a dual lens DVR, the FM reception degraded to a 2/10 quality. If I disconnect the rear camera, all is ok. I tried to shield the camera itself in aluminum foil, can't tell if there is any improvement. But the excess cable is long, maybe 6-7 feet longer than I needed, so I had it nicely tuck in the roof headliner, close to the rear window where the FM antenna is. If I move that excess cable around, the FM reception improves a lot in certain positions. I never had this issue before, it's a digital rear camera, not analogic, and it seems that they use unshielded cable, as it's not needed for the camera, but that cable disturbs the radio reception badly. In my efforts to isolate the problem, I realized I can't find where the MIB3 is located, to connect a separate FM antenna directly to it, neither did I find any electric diagram to figure the path of the antenna wires from the rear window to the radio. Does anyone have a detailed electric diagram / service manual of the Taos or even the new Tiguan or Atlas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.