Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done their first oil change yet? It says 10k miles in the manual but that seems like a long time for the first one. I have 4k miles already and thinking about doing my first change at 5k. I also looked for a severe schedule but didn't see one in the manual. My previous cars I always did 5k intervals.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Before cars did 5k intervals they did 2k intervals. Oil and engines are much different today than previously. They can probably only do 10k when using synthetic, I assume that is the spec for this engine.

Long haul trucks change at intervals much higher than 10k

·
Registered
106 Posts
Has anyone done their first oil change yet? It says 10k miles in the manual but that seems like a long time for the first one. I have 4k miles already and thinking about doing my first change at 5k. I also looked for a severe schedule but didn't see one in the manual. My previous cars I always did 5k intervals.
I always do a new cars' first change at 1k miles then every 6k thereafter, but probably wait until 2k for the first time w/ this one. I DIY my changes and prefer shorter intervals even though they say 10k miles.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I haven't found the oil filter available anywhere yet, but I'm assuming it's the same one as a 1.4l Jetta. I need to crawl underneath and get the part number off it I guess.
Note it also takes the VW 508.00 / 509.00 0W-20 oil, which should be available on your favorite VW parts website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts