Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
We picked up our TAOS Pure Grey SE 3 weeks ago. After plugging in my OBD dongle and looking at features in Carista, I stumbled on the Throttle Response section and flipped it from “gradual, controlled by time’’ to “direct, controlled by threshold”. Totally changed the driving of this little beast, you can really feel its torque now. Wife was apprehensive at first but after 2 weeks I asked her if she wants me to flip it back she responded with a grin and a Hell to the No.
Read more about it here

Yesterday I added a dashcam as well since it's crazy out here in So Cal with people running reds and speeding where they shouldn't be.
I was trying to find an option or an upgrade to help that turbo lag. Hows the experience been with changing the throttle response on carista?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was trying to find an option or an upgrade to help that turbo lag. Hows the experience been with changing the throttle response on carista?
I really didn’t notice much of a difference. The only thing that I’ve found to work for me is to shift into “S” (sport) instead of “D” every time. Even if I change the setting to sport it still always reverts back to regular “D” every time u turn the car off. To me, when it’s in sport feels like how it should, no lag and pretty peppy. I also ran the diagnostic with the carista and under the transmission section I got this: VAG fault code 21193. I couldn’t find anything online saying what it means.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really didn’t notice much of a difference. The only thing that I’ve found to work for me is to shift into “S” (sport) instead of “D” every time. Even if I change the setting to sport it still always reverts back to regular “D” every time u turn the car off. To me, when it’s in sport feels like how it should, no lag and pretty peppy. I also ran the diagnostic with the carista and under the transmission section I got this: VAG fault code 21193. I couldn’t find anything online saying what it means.
Thanks. I'll try the S mode and see how that goes. I also seen the roar pedal which "controls" the electrical response. been seeing good reviews on it. Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks. I'll try the S mode and see how that goes. I also seen the roar pedal which "controls" the electrical response. been seeing good reviews on it. Thanks for the suggestions!
I didn't notice much either.
Try Eco mode - really! (If you don't have a 4Motion there's still apparently a way to get to the driving modes - it's in another thread somewhere)

Ah found it "Go to screen Menu, System Assist, then settings down on the bottom right. the screen will roll over and choose Adaptive Cruise at the top and it will scroll down your driving mode options. I get Eco, Normal, Comfort, and Sport. "

·
Registered
18 Posts
We picked up our TAOS Pure Grey SE 3 weeks ago. After plugging in my OBD dongle and looking at features in Carista, I stumbled on the Throttle Response section and flipped it from “gradual, controlled by time’’ to “direct, controlled by threshold”. Totally changed the driving of this little beast, you can really feel its torque now. Wife was apprehensive at first but after 2 weeks I asked her if she wants me to flip it back she responded with a grin and a Hell to the No.
Read more about it here

Yesterday I added a dashcam as well since it's crazy out here in So Cal with people running reds and speeding where they shouldn't be.
Would obdeleven have this?

61 - 69 of 69 Posts