Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late last night I started driving home and a whole bunch of bells started going off. EPC, Check Engine lights came on, Lane Assist and Auto Start/Stop deactivated and vehicle went into limp home mode. Check engine light turned off at some point but orange triangle central warning light stayed on.

Got up this morning and everything was fine except lane assist timed out when trying to boot. Throttle was fine, start stop worked, and no warning lights. I only know that lane assist was off because the lane indicators were not showing so I restarted and watched it try to load.

Has anybody experienced anything like this?

·
Registered
FWD SEL / Cornflower Blue
71 Posts
FWIW Lane Assist only shows the markers when cruise control is on (doesn't have to be set). I had a similar issue when I got a million errors about IQ.drive although no Check Engine light. It was during a major rainstorm and cleared itself the next day. If you have the Car-Net app, there may be a message in there about your car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This happened to my car twice. The EPC light came on then I pulled over to turn the car off. It started fine and the light went away but the start/stop wouldn’t work. After that my remote start stopped working.

Just got home from the dealer where they fixed the issue. They said it was due to using low quality fuel. I’ve been just hauling regular as instructed. They said this car is particular with their gas and I need to use a mid grade 90-91. Car drove fine on the way home. Hopefully it stays that way.

·
Registered
192 Posts
This happened to my car twice. The EPC light came on then I pulled over to turn the car off. It started fine and the light went away but the start/stop wouldn’t work. After that my remote start stopped working.

Just got home from the dealer where they fixed the issue. They said it was due to using low quality fuel. I’ve been just hauling regular as instructed. They said this car is particular with their gas and I need to use a mid grade 90-91. Car drove fine on the way home. Hopefully it stays that way.
I didn’t know that we had to use a mid grade octane! VW recommends tier one gas but 87 should be fine. I’ll have to call my dealer. I just filled up with 87 octane!

·
Registered
407 Posts
The engine is designed to run on 87 octane so that should not be an issue. Poor quality gas can cause problems. Good quality 87 octane should not cause problems.
I'd be interested what fault codes the dealer found that indicated poor quality gas and why they think higher octane is needed, despite this going against VW's engineering department.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Late last night I started driving home and a whole bunch of bells started going off. EPC, Check Engine lights came on, Lane Assist and Auto Start/Stop deactivated and vehicle went into limp home mode. Check engine light turned off at some point but orange triangle central warning light stayed on.

Got up this morning and everything was fine except lane assist timed out when trying to boot. Throttle was fine, start stop worked, and no warning lights. I only know that lane assist was off because the lane indicators were not showing so I restarted and watched it try to load.

Has anybody experienced anything like this?
I just had this happen to me yesterday! Has it happened again? I turned the car off for around 10 min and when I turned it on again it was fine. I did notice lane assist was turned off and was on before this happened.

·
Registered
2022 SEL 4Motion Cornflower Blue
94 Posts
Complete bullshit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts