Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

Registered
2022 Taos SE FWD Platinum Gray
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Dealer got the part, but I can't get over there until Dec 6th, have some vacation prior and dealer is 200 miles away, but at least it's a step in the right direction!

Registered
Dealer got the part, but I can't get over there until Dec 6th, have some vacation prior and dealer is 200 miles away, but at least it's a step in the right direction!
Yay! It will be nice to get rid of that check engine light.
You guys have gotten me paranoid - I keep checking for the CEL every so often while I'm driving... 馃榾

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
CEL went out on its' own, if it stays off I may forgo the service to install a new valve. I assume a new valve may also stick open so if this one stays in an ok state I'll probably just let it be, Being 200 miles away it's at least $200 out of my pocket (hotel, gas, etc.) plus my time, so we'll see :)

Registered
Pulled the code, P2421, so not the 02 sensor, defined as~detected either the vent valve or vent valve control circuit is stuck open in the evaporative (EVAP) control system, sounds like a minor issue, hopefully that's the case. I cleared the code so I'll see if it comes back on.
Pulled the code, P2421, so not the 02 sensor, defined as~detected either the vent valve or vent valve control circuit is stuck open in the evaporative (EVAP) control system, sounds like a minor issue, hopefully that's the case. I cleared the code so I'll see if it comes back on.
My light came on today, same code P2421! I'm scared to drive it the 80 miles to the dealer in the morning.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It'll be fine. Just a sticky valve. Shouldn't affect driving at all.
X2, no worries, we've ran 8000 miles now and the light came on once, dealer cleared it, came on again 2000 miles ago, I cleared it and has been off since. Taos is running great too!

Registered
Thanks for that, and hopefully you'll be back in your Taos soon and it will be trouble-free here on out :)
I cleared the code, if it comes back on I'll get it to the dealer in the near future. I didn't get the fuel line recall (yet) so I'll probably get that checked out regardless, and if that lite comes on again get that addressed.

I guess this is to be expected on a new model, so I'll just hang tight :)
So mine is four. The same thing after taking it this will now be 4th time . They claim they don鈥檛 know what鈥檚 wrong and say it鈥檚 fine but yet also my coolant is low every two weeks and no one knows why . WTF VW!!!!! Never again am I buying one !

Registered
Oh also same codes as shown above are going off !
Low coolant is either a bad coolant reservoir cap (easy), leak (fairly easy), or head gasket (hard). Don't even mention a cracked engine block - you'd know.
Should be easy enough for a competent dealer to diagnose. I'm often amazed at how incompetent they can be when they really try though.
What are you doing when it's low? Taking it to the dealer every time or topping it up yourself (with correct coolant/water mixture)?

Registered
Low coolant is either a bad coolant reservoir cap (easy), leak (fairly easy), or head gasket (hard). Don't even mention a cracked engine block - you'd know.
Should be easy enough for a competent dealer to diagnose. I'm often amazed at how incompetent they can be when they really try though.
What are you doing when it's low? Taking it to the dealer every time or topping it up yourself (with correct coolant/water mixture)?
sothey claim they can鈥檛 tell why the coolant is leaking馃檮 , they literally think cause I鈥檓 a female I鈥檓 going to just go away . I mention head gasket problems and that I pulled the code and they needed to check for the valve stuck open or possible fuel line recall issues . THEY REFUSE TO GIVR ME A RENTAL IF THEY KEEP THE CAR !! why the hell wouldn鈥檛 you give your customer a rental if you鈥檙e going to keep the car? Crazy how this brand works I鈥檓 not a fan and can鈥檛 wait to get rid of VW when cost of cars go down !

Registered
sothey claim they can鈥檛 tell why the coolant is leaking馃檮 , they literally think cause I鈥檓 a female I鈥檓 going to just go away . I mention head gasket problems and that I pulled the code and they needed to check for the valve stuck open or possible fuel line recall issues . THEY REFUSE TO GIVR ME A RENTAL IF THEY KEEP THE CAR !! why the hell wouldn鈥檛 you give your customer a rental if you鈥檙e going to keep the car? Crazy how this brand works I鈥檓 not a fan and can鈥檛 wait to get rid of VW when cost of cars go down !
Oh I also put the correct coolant in it because I have also an extended warranty I bought through them that they also constantly try to run around . I鈥檝e never had so many problems getting my car in to be fixed or just your simple
Oil change with them .

Registered
Oh I also put the correct coolant in it because I have also an extended warranty I bought through them that they also constantly try to run around . I鈥檝e never had so many problems getting my car in to be fixed or just your simple
Oil change with them .
Also no signs of leaks it just is always low but I definitely smell coolant these 鈥渕echanics 鈥 they hire in their shops are either lazy or not qualified in my opinion

Registered
I'm guessing it's the O2 sensor(s) that others have had issues with, haven't even made first payment yet and the nearest dealer is 200 miles away FML :(
My check engine light came on about 12 hours ago. I called the dealership couldn't get me in for 6 weeks I went to the AutoZone store asked if they could check my OBD2 system they did
they said it was an EVAP control valve was stuck open. So I guess I'll have to wait till the middle of December to get it repaired. Sucks

Registered
My check engine light came on about 12 hours ago. I called the dealership couldn't get me in for 6 weeks I went to the AutoZone store asked if they could check my OBD2 system they did
they said it was an EVAP control valve was stuck open. So I guess I'll have to wait till the middle of December to get it repaired. Sucks
It's no biggie, the valve seems to have trouble staying open when new, over time it seems to loosen up and works fine in time. Mine was on & off for the first few thousand miles but the CEL light has been off now for about 10k miles. This particular CEL code has no noticeable affect on driving, so I wouldn't stress over it.

Registered
2022 Cornflower Blue SE DSG 4 Motion
This is a major issue. It鈥檚 a software issue and not necessarily a hardware fix. If you have a code reader just clear it. Safe to say it鈥檚 ok to drive with it on.

Registered
This is a major issue. It鈥檚 a software issue and not necessarily a hardware fix. If you have a code reader just clear it. Safe to say it鈥檚 ok to drive with it on.
A major issue is having a code that puts your car in limp mode or having it shut down completely. This is a minor annoyance by comparison. I have no worries regarding that issue w/ ours, but will probably get an extra valve at a later date when they get down in price like the earlier models

Registered
2022 Taos SE 4-Motion
My wife's check engine light was on in her Taos, on the way to the dealership to trade it in for a Tiguan. Ironically it went out when she pulled into the driveway of the Stealership. Lol.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts