Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Cornflower Blue SE DSG 4 Motion
142 Posts
You absolutely can install your self but it’s a very tricky and frustrating job.
Have a look Here and see what’s involved.
They were installing a radar detector but it gives a good description of the mirror install
If you do give it a go make sure to share how it went

·
Registered
2022 Cornflower Blue SE DSG 4 Motion
142 Posts
Can someone take a photo of their windshield on SEL trims from outside, as I suspect the windshields might be different in Se and SEL versions.

Mine looks like this
View attachment 550
Looks like you don’t have IQ drive so I believe that mirror won’t work as the attachment point is different. Yours is stuck to the screen the enhanced requires and bonded on clip attachment.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How much is that costing you? If you don’t mind me asking. I’m considering adding that mirror to mine. I hate the stock one!
$500 out the door. The mirror alone is 350 plus tax than the wire harness is sold separate as well. I figured I’d pay $100 for labor this way if something breaks when they take apart the plastics or run the electrical stuff they will fix or replace it lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks like you don’t have IQ drive so I believe that mirror won’t work as the attachment point is different. Yours is stuck to the screen the enhanced requires and bonded on clip attachment.
So I stopped at the dealer today to pick a sun shade for my car and I asked about that mirror, they said as long as I don’t have the IQ Drive package, I could get it done in mine. I have the SE no IQ. He said the right part number needs to be ordered in order to get it done to whatever trim you have.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Have the frameless mirror in my Jetta and can’t say I like it because the shape is stupid. It limits what you can see out the back because the trapezoid is wider at the top, but your rear window view is wider at the bottom. You get used to it, but the wife’s Tiguan has the standard mirror and the view is better. And I rarely ever look at the compass because the dash also has a compass. I do use the homelink though, so it’s nice to have it in the mirror.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts