Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an AWL, SEL Taos about a week ago and am so dissatisfied. It is a jerky ride and so slow to accelerate. After about 2-3 seconds of pressing the gas pedal, there’s then this crazy power surge that knocks you back. I’m mostly afraid of this lag in acceleration when I try to turn left in traffic or when margining onto highways. It just doesn’t GO. I’ve almost been t-boned twice, and when merging onto a highway, I got beeped at from behind for not being able to pick up the pace of traffic. VW truly messed this one up!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Seems like a solution might be the one mentioned in the first mods thread. Basically changing the response of the accelerator via an ODB2 dongle. Worth a try to see if it improves your driving experience.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same experience in my AWL SEL, crazy acceleration from dead stop. One can learn to work with it though. I'm now much more gentle with the peddle and have gotten past the problem, just takes time to get used to it, but agreed, not the best design lol.

As for the slow to acceleration once you're in motion, i've switched to turbo mode and it's a bit better. Probably a result of their dual clutch transmission as I had the same problem in previous Tiguan 2018 AWL.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same experience in my AWL SEL, crazy acceleration from dead stop. One can learn to work with it though. I'm now much more gentle with the peddle and have gotten past the problem, just takes time to get used to it, but agreed, not the best design lol.

As for the slow to acceleration once you're in motion, i've switched to turbo mode and it's a bit better. Probably a result of their dual clutch transmission as I had the same problem in previous Tiguan 2018 AWL.
How do you switch to turbo mode?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I experienced this but after driving it a few days I think I got it down. I love the power but most importantly that i can control it now....👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts