Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Richmond VA. I have a classic tale of 'impulse buying' to report ... went up to Fredericksburg two weeks ago to collect my girlfriend's new blue Taos S from the VW dealership - and driving it back to Richmond fell in love with it in so many ways .... I simply had to have one.

Yesterday I took proud ownership of my own red Taos SE - a 2022 I found trawling the internet down in NC, but with only 6k miles on the clock - and with all the bells and whistles I wanted (sunroof etc.) at a silly price. The local NC dealership drove it up to Richmond - and as I sat in it for the first time I noticed the digital display registering 41.3 Avg MPG - not a bad start.

Couldn't be happier with both of them - I think VW may really have hit the jackpot with this vehicle - it makes most if not all of the competition look cramped, expensive and uneconomical.

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thus far no - but I've literally only had the SE for 48 hours - the dash did go dim on me when I took it out for a brief run an hour after I got it - the sun was bright and low - and I read on another thread on this forum that there have been issues with others experiencing the same symptoms - full brightness eventually came back - but what the real cause - or remedy - is I'm not clear.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine was a similar story… I enjoyed driving my wife’s new SE, more than my new Venza hybrid (and got similar mileage on the freeway). And my local VW dealer was happy to cut me a rather large check, to cover the difference.

We are happy with both vehicles, having lifted them with H&R springs, and tightening up the ride. Her’s will probably stay the cleaner of the two, as she’s retired. While mine already sports a trailer hitch, and ham radio, making it the workhorse.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts