Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Taos S 1.5l AWD
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not find it in the manual, does anyone know how to decline a phone call from the steering wheel, is it a scroll up/down then OK? I am just using the bluetooth connection to the MIB2 infotainment system in my S model

·
Registered
2022 Taos S 1.5l AWD
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen the message come up on the dashboard (smaller version) and it says press OK to answer, but I no not recall seeing an option to decline, the message is very brief, you may be right! I can decline from the radio but I have to switch to the phone screen, seems like a lot of button pressing just to decline a call. (BTW I am old fashioned so I am calling the Digital Cockpit the "dashboard" and the Infotainment system is the "radio")

·
Registered
Taos Highline
7 Posts
Have a family member standing outside the car phone you whilst you are sitting in your driveway with the engine running. That will give you lots and lots of time to look at the central information display and see if there is an icon there to decline the call. On my Golf 7, the icon is a red phone receiver in the horizontal position. The phone screen pops up automatically when an incoming call arrives, it doesn't matter what screen was displayed at the time (radio, nav, etc.).

If you don't see such an icon, try experimenting with the 'cancel' button on the steering wheel and see if that rejects the call.

Once you find out what the trick is, please do come back and let us know.

·
Registered
2022 Taos S 1.5l AWD
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The message that pops up on the instrument cluster is small and only shows the green phone and says press OK to answer, I thought the cancel button only works for the cruise control, I will figure this out and I will also find that damn build sticker! (another thread) Thanks for your help

I was looking at the Taos owners info on the VW site and apparently you have to navigate to the phone menu on the digital cockpit and decline or end the call there. Seems very distracting! So I would first have to change my view then use the left/right up/down buttons on the right side of the steering wheel to get to where I can press OK to end/cancel the call. Might be easier to just use the "radio"!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts