Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all :)
What is everyone using to clean the interior of the Taos? Both seats and dash? I tried armourall but it left really bad smears.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2016 Audi S5
54 Posts
The seats are upholstered in a synthetic material that feels very much like leather. Just wipe with a damp cloth. Modern materials don't need much attention and maintenance except for the regular wipe down.

For the dash, I just use a micrfiber cloth towel to wipe down the dust. If there are palm prints from oily hands, use a damp microfiber towel to wipe it off. If the oily prints are a bit stubborn, use a mixture of a small amount of dishsoap diluted in water.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello all :)
What is everyone using to clean the interior of the Taos? Both seats and dash? I tried armourall but it left really bad smears.
Thanks in advance!
IMHO, stay away from Armor All . Too much greasy residue left behind and i also believe it has a tendency to dry out the surface. I personally use just a microfiber towel dampened with P&S Interior cleaner. Does a really good job and leaves a pleasant smell behind. It also does not leave a smeared shine but a nice natural look. To each his own though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Armor all is quite frankly the worst product to use on anything. Go with a brand such as chemical guys or Meguiars.
Agree 100%. Years ago, it was a very popular product until consumers finally realized the ill effects it caused. Still today, it has its loyal fanbase. I'm not a fan for sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts