Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'll add it to this thread too.
Carista disables it by setting the minimum battery voltage for auto start/stop to work to an unfeasibly high value. It also changes the ambient temperature range within which it will function.
So it's pretty much never going to engage.
One advantage of the B2BFAB harness is that the system is still usable - it just reverses the function so the default is off. If you press the start/stop disable button it turns it back on.
Yes. It means it will never work. There are hardware solutions that set it to off by default but you can turn it on.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Success! The Beta fixes the mirror down in reverse memory. It works correctly now.
Cool. I will wait until agfter Beta, but I recall the steps to get this functioning were not obvious. Can you post exactly what you did to get this working?

For example:

Enable TWO settings in Carista.
Restart car.
put in Neutral
put in Reverse
Change mirror setting on right,
etc
etc
leave mirror switch in Right position.

Thanks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Cool. I will wait until agfter Beta, but I recall the steps to get this functioning were not obvious. Can you post exactly what you did to get this working?

For example:

Enable TWO settings in Carista.
Restart car.
put in Neutral
put in Reverse
Change mirror setting on right,
etc
etc
leave mirror switch in Right position.

Thanks.
Well yes, once you enable it with both settings, you have to know how to use it. I have had VWs with this feature before.

1. The feature only works if the car is in reverse AND the mirror adjustment dial is turned to adjust the right mirror.
2. In reverse, adjust your right mirror. That will be the memorized position for reverse
3. The mirror will dip down every time you enter reverse and the mirror adjustment knob is left facing right.
4.The mirror will return to its original position once you drive forward fast enough for the doors to lock, etc or you place it in park and turn off the ignition. It uses the same stowing logic circuit that the rear view camera uses to turn off.

I do not know if this feature requires a car with memory seats (Taos SEL only?). I tried it on my Jetta SEL with memory seats and the VW cars in the past I had with the feature standard had memory seats as well.

I will try it on our Tiguan SE without memory seats to see. The non-beta version did not enable ANY mirror movement on the Tiguan with the single setting, so I don’t know if it will work in Beta. The Beta takes 30-45 minutes of sitting in the car the first time so I have to find time to try it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
SEL does not have memory seats. And I recall to enable this takes a bit more than you describe. Ignition on, neutral, then reverse, then set mirror, then park and turn off, perhaps. Would not work for me. so I am checking the exact steps. But no worries as pleanty of time. I will wait for the non Beta release.

·
Registered
256 Posts
SEL does not have memory seats. And I recall to enable this takes a bit more than you describe. Ignition on, neutral, then reverse, then set mirror, then park and turn off, perhaps. Would not work for me. so I am checking the exact steps. But no worries as pleanty of time. I will wait for the non Beta release.
Well, you can recall that all you want, but the procedure is as I described. I know because I have had it on other cars and I just did it yesterday on the Jetta. No requirement to do neutral or restart. You simply set the position while in reverse. Then you leave the dial to the right if you want it to auto dip, and leave it on O, left or defog if you don’t. In the winter if you have it on defog and put in reverse, it won’t dip, but you can turn it to the right mirror even while in reverse and it will then dip, then you can put it back to defog

But if your car doesn’t support it, then nothing will work.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm so glad it was easy for you.

MANY sites that talk about issues with this also say you must unlock the car with the key to set this feature. Who knows. I will test when out of Beta. All conjecture for me until then.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well, you can recall that all you want, but the procedure is as I described. I know because I have had it on other cars and I just did it yesterday on the Jetta. No requirement to do neutral or restart. You simply set the position while in reverse. Then you leave the dial to the right if you want it to auto dip, and leave it on O, left or defog if you don’t. In the winter if you have it on defog and put in reverse, it won’t dip, but you can turn it to the right mirror even while in reverse and it will then dip, then you can put it back to defog

But if your car doesn’t support it, then nothing will work.
Would LOVE a video of this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello good evening.
I’m also in iOS.
As I’m from Brazil, preferred buy this one.
attention to choose Wifi option.

I read about you could use Obdeleven to change the lightbar and get more colors to ambient light. Didn’t tried because don’t have Obdeleven.
Used Carista in Beta Version.
It had many other options than regular version.
I could Customize with the keyfob and remote controller to open/close windows and sunroof

View attachment 878
eu tenho o OBDEleven. Sou de Porto Alegre, se vc for de perto posso meprestar

21 - 32 of 32 Posts